Systems Engineer Remote Remote
Job ID: 14022
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- This team has a broad scope of responsibilities including: cloud operations, server management (Linux and Windows), deployment Automation, DNS, and Security.
- Maintain company mail flow (a combination of Office 365, Mimecast, Mailgun and client-related email flows).
- Participate in the On-Call 24/7 support for infrastructure needs as they impact business stability and functionality.
- Assist in the departments tickets and projects that represent infrastructure work and level 3 escalations from the internal support team.
- Analyze complex system behavior, performance and application issues.
- Develop, maintain, and administer cutting-edge infrastructure deployment tools.
- Build out the underlying infrastructure from end to end, effectively creating the platform that will enable other departments to quickly deploy compute resources on-premise or in the cloud.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 4 years of experience as a systems admin/engineer.
- Advanced configuration and engineering experience on Microsoft Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services is required.
- Must have experience in an Active Directory environment.
- Advanced scripting skills with Powershell is a must have. VBS and bash as a bonus.
- Must have strong knowledge of end-to-end Mailflow including: O365, DNS (mx, spf, a, etc.), filtering, archiving, retention and spam prevention
- Firewall, email and web filtering, Antivirus, encryption technologies experience is preferred
- Experience with virtualization platforms such as VMware.
- MSSQL experience is preferred
- Must be familiar with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Experience with software deployment tools (ie. Microsoft Intune, Power Automate, Connectwise) and building packages for deployment is preferred
- Must be mindful of security at all times (security is a top priority across the organization), and IT audit, network and system security experience is strongly preferred
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience is preferred
- Must be a firm believer in the documentation process.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with proven experience interacting with a range of personalities and styles, to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Must be a team player
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or equivalent is strongly preferred