Job ID: 16542
JOB OVERVIEW: This firm is seeking a Staff Accountant to support the Firm’s Accounting Department. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the general ledger, assist with audits , preparing financial reports and reconciling accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performing bank and general ledger reconciliations
• Preparing sales & use tax payments and returns
• Preparing journal entries
• Preparing monthly reports
• Reconciling credit cards
• Maintaining trust accounts per firm policy
• Able to apply accounting principles and concepts
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and orally, with people of all backgrounds and
positions within the firm
• Excellent listening skills
• Exceptional client service skills (consistently approachable and friendly)
• Organization, prioritization, and time management skills
• High degree of initiative and ownership of job responsibilities
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field
• At least three years of related experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION:
Work is performed in a professional office environment and requires the following during the work day:
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time (working at a computer)
• Repetitive movement (i.e. heavy computer/keyboard use).
• Individual will interact regularly with others verbally, in-person, and via written communication.
• May require occasional light lifting (files, copy paper, etc.).
In addition to the essential functions outlined above:
• Individual in this position will provide additional assistance and support as directed by their supervisor.
• This job description is subject to change at any time.
• Overtime will be required at certain times of the year