Sharepoint Programmer / Analyst
Job ID: 15051
The SharePoint Programmer/Analyst is a core member of our Development team. Primary responsibilities include design, development and support of Microsoft’s SharePoint platform, including workflows and forms, needs analysis, build and go-live. The preferred candidate is considered an expert in Microsoft SharePoint, with a strong working knowledge of the product.
• Design, deliver and maintain applications, reports and integration components using a mix of new and established technologies within the Microsoft stack
• Provide and execute suggestions to optimize and streamline existing frameworks, business and development processes, coding practices and data practices with an eye toward continuous improvement
• Responsible for the development and support of complex custom Nintex workflows and Forms. The SharePoint Developer should be a Nintex product SME (subject matter expert) with deep knowledge of workflows, forms, and automation of manual processes.
• Configure and manage SharePoint security; permissions and access control, and ensure proper content access and availability while maintaining defined security groups and visibility rules.
• Perform effective troubleshooting to resolve issues with SharePoint configuration and application services framework
• Coordinates collection of SharePoint Online sites, with continued development and support activities on the hosted platform.
• Responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining (administration and monitoring), and supporting the functionality and content of SharePoint online sites
• Maintain SharePoint infrastructure and security on development and production servers
• Other support and operational duties as assigned, potentially including tasks such as maintenance of existing code base, SQL and/or SharePoint administration, development of financial reports and/or administration of the firm’s accounting software environment as appropriate based upon individual skills and firm need
• Develop and create reports with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Regular in office attendance
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and work closely with business owners and other stakeholders within and outside of the IT department
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills in order to effectively communicate and present with team, users, vendors, etc.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and able to prioritize tasks
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and changing priorities
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Business focused; ability to produce production-quality code and meet mutually determined deadlines
• Ability to work independently in a team-oriented environment or under general supervision Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
• A strong interest in learning and promoting usage of new technology
• Demonstrated personal commitment to continuous improvement
• Basic understanding of existing network programs and capabilities
• Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design
• Ability to consistently translate business requirements into practical and effective application designs
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server (including T-SQL, views, stored procedures, user-defined functions, etc.) and related database concepts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2 years experience in application design and development using a variety of .NET technologies and languages
• Experience in creating, designing and maintaining Web Services
• Experience with creating, designing and maintaining database objects (including T-SQL, views, stored procedures, user defined functions, etc.) and Server administration is a strong plus.
• Experience in creating, designing and maintaining REST Web services and SQL databases; strong understanding of database design and REST principles
• Experience writing or maintaining database applications strongly preferred
• Experience with LINQ and Entity Framework preferred
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS is desirable
• Experience with .Net, SharePoint or Drupal is a plus
• Prior law firm experience is a plus
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
• Must be able to understand the speech of another person and comprehend detailed information
• Must be able to speak accurately, clearly and quickly so listens can understand
• Must be able to see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
• Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned; and perform activities including but not limited to viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading and preparing reports
• Must be able to push, pull and lift objects up to 15 pounds
• May be required to work on-call or long hours in case of network malfunction