Senior Legal Project Management Analyst Washington DC
Job ID: 16390
Summary: The Senior Legal Project Management Analyst develops, implements and coordinates legal project management tools, trains lawyers to use those tools, and leverages best practices in matter management. The Senior Legal Project Management Analyst offers scalable matter support within team environments or one-on one, across one or multiple practice groups, for clients of varying size. Additionally, the Senior Legal Project Management Analyst develops methods to further the dissemination of Legal Project Management (LPM) as a best practice and builds a repository of models and templates.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, or other related business function.
• Minimum of two years of experience in positions requiring strong project and budget management skills. Law firm or professional service organization experience a plus.
• Proven proactive, self-starter who understands the details and can integrate them into a larger strategic context.
• Ability to deliver consistent, high quality work product.
• Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects, assess priorities, and perform under deadlines, including a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm, reliability and ability to delegate and manage resources available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the development of the firm-wide budget outreach and compliance reporting.
• Assist in the development and proliferation of best practices, tools, budget templates, and reference materials across the Firm’s client portfolio.
• Collaborate to automate the Firm’s legal project management workflow, task/phase code groupings, including the creation of dashboards for creating and updating matter budgets, viewing matter status reports, and searching historical data for future matter planning.
• Create and facilitate LPM training for senior lawyers and associates.
• Train, coach, and mentor lawyers on when/how to employ LPM on engagements.
• Set and manage expectations with client and engagement team members.
• Collaborate with lawyers and clients to define matter management strategy and goals.
• Offer concrete project management guidance on best practices, roles, and responsibilities.
• Work with shareholders to respond to client requests regarding pricing, budgeting, and budget tracking capabilities.
• Coordinate meetings with shareholders to track progress.
• Identify issues, options for resolution and course correction on matters that begin to diverge from initial expectations.
• Ensure compliance with client billing terms to expedite the revenue cycle.
• Able to anticipate problems/issues and exercise independent judgment to make sound, justifiable business decisions by taking action to solve issues while knowing when to escalate.
• Communicate in a manner that demonstrates experience and a grasp of the strategic intent of a matter.
• Own professional development by seeking out feedback and continually learning.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of the Firm’s internal client information.
• Able to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
• You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible for starting in the role. Proof of vaccination will be required. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates
• Complete post mortem assessments and recommend process improvements as appropriate.