Senior Coordinator, Talent Acquisition and Professional Development New York NY
Job ID: 16563
The firm is searching for a Senior Coordinator of Talent Acquisition and Professional Development who will support the day-to-day administration of firm-wide legal staff recruitment, professional development, and diversity initiatives. The Senior Coordinator who assumes this role will support the firms Director of Talent Acquisition and Professional Development in carrying out this objective. The ideal candidate must be organized, process-oriented, have strong interpersonal skills, and commit to honing a deep understanding of recruiting best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Consult closely with the Director of Talent Acquisition and Professional Development to execute on objectives to recruit top legal talent.
• Support diversity & inclusion initiatives and apply objective hiring practices.
• Support Director of Talent Acquisition and Professional Development in managing the full-cycle recruitment of lateral partners, counsel, and associates, including drafting job descriptions, reviewing, and circulating resumes, scheduling interviews, communicating with candidates and search firms, collecting interview feedback, and drafting offer letters and coordination of offers.
• Assist Director of Talent Acquisition and Professional Development with recruiting, onboarding, and integration processes. Maintain strong relationships with search firms and candidates.
• Assist Director of Talent Acquisition and Professional Development with the maintenance of the firm’s stellar mentorship program.
• Conduct market research as directed.
• Conduct screening interviews, as required.
• Maintain recruiting database and update department spread sheets regularly.
• Liaise cross-functionally with internal teams to maintain and execute CLE programs.
• Greet candidates and ensure video meetings launch successfully.
• Coordinate remote and in-office interview schedules for partner and counsel candidates.
• Work with Director of Talent Acquisition and Professional Development to create and provide internal briefing materials and background information for interviewers.
• Create initial drafts of candidate proposals, offer letters, and supporting documentation
• Ensure conflicts questionnaires and other required questionnaires are complete; collaborate with the Conflicts Department to ensure timely processing of clearance.
• Act with a high degree of integrity and good judgement always and reflect the Firm’s brand, culture, and mission.
• Assist with other recruiting functions and special projects, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 2 years of recruiting experience in a law firm environment.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• A consummate team player who thrives in a team-oriented environment and collaborates effectively and collegially.
• Ability to always act with excellent judgement, remain discreet, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Must be willing to work extended weekday hours, when required.
• Client service oriented, proactive, eager to take ownership and is highly responsive.
• Strong organizational skills: accurate, precise, and follows up regularly and appropriately.
• Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and recruiting databases.