Senior Business Development Manager Pitches and Proposals New York NY
Job ID: 16413
A leading global law firm, seeks a Senior Business Development (BD) Manager to lead cross-practice RFPs and Pitches and Proposals. This person will report directly to the Director of Business Development. The role will be dynamic depending on the specific needs of the BD department at any given time, so the ideal candidate must be able to quickly pivot their focus across industries, areas of law, offices, issues, and projects. In addition to leading pitches and proposals, we are looking for a candidate who is able to help strategically
guide and build the infrastructure alongside BD in Foundation® for effective content management. The ideal candidate is flexible, energetic, positive, polished, curious and detail oriented. Substantial experience project managing complex RFPs and pitches in a collegial and collaborative manner with our BD team, partners, associates, and business professionals across the firm is essential. The ideal candidate will have meaningful management experience and can effectively virtually team with BD members across the world to produce compelling and quality proposals and pitches. The candidate should have at least ten years’ experience in a comparable role at a large law firm.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in the firms comprehensive benefit program, including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
• Effectively execute the firm’s responses to major cross-practice RFPs and pitches by taking ownership of each response, drafting content, coordinating with departments across the firm and collaborating with lawyers.
• Work collaboratively with BD colleagues and lawyers to project manage responses.
• Lead the design and implementation of critical BD infrastructure, specifically Foundation®.
• Build effective agendas for proposal and pitch meetings, prepare materials and speakers, and project manage actions coming from meetings.
• Provide ad hoc support on other pitches, proposals and directory submissions when capacity allows.
• Create and maintain relevant firm marketing collateral and experience.
• Work with coordinators and other members of BD to ensure content stays up-to-date in Foundation and associated changes are made to firm materials and website as appropriate.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
Key Attributes Include:
• Flexible, forward thinking, proactive, energetic and detail-oriented team player
• Professional, yet approachable, demeanor, with comfort and competence both in dealing with partners and working collaboratively with other lawyers and business services throughout the firm
• Excellent project management and communication skills, with keen attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and execute multiple ongoing tasks often under tight deadlines
• An ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• An effective change management approach
• A “Team player” mentality with great collegiality and who responds well to an evolving environment and is willing to be flexible and lend support where needed
• Superior presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills
• Candidates should have well-developed Foundation® experience, Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, and be proficient in contact relationship management databases, such as Microsoft Dynamics. Candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree. We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide.
We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.