Senior Business Development Coordinator – Hybrid Washington DC
Job ID: 16638
The Senior Business Development (BD) Coordinator works closely with and supports various working groups on all business development initiatives. The Senior Coordinator reports to the Business Development Manager and will work closely with other members of the Marketing & Branding, Communications and Client Development teams.
· Works with the Director of Business Development and Business Development Manager to contribute to and assist in the development and execution of strategic
plans to drive business development.
· Drafts responses to pitches and proposals.
· Drafts, edits, and submits ranking submissions (e.g. Chambers, Law360).
· Plays a key role in the development of group website content and marketing collateral.
· Plans and ensures the successful execution of client development events, such as seminars and webinars.
· Contributes ideas to increase brand awareness and profile, including driving outward facing activities such as sponsored events, in-house presentations,
professional speaking opportunities, articles, and media interviews.
· Supports attorneys with client alerts, blogs, podcasts, and newsletters.
· Initiates and analyzes client, market, competitor, and industry research to inform business development strategies.
· Works in collaboration with practice group leadership and the Business Development Manager/Director. Develops agendas for meetings and prepares and
circulates meeting summaries. Helps to identify and execute on concrete actions discussed during meetings.
· Maintains group intranet site and repository of relevant business development information.
· Enters practice group data into various knowledge management systems, including business development tracker, experience manager, and InterAction, the
· Assists with firm-wide and group special projects, as needed.
· Manages and tracks business development budgets.
· Supports the Director of Business Development and Business Development Manager with lateral integration.
• The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
• The position requires a minimum of two to four (2-4) years of increasingly responsible and related experience. Direct experience in a law firm or professional
services environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of and familiarity with legal and business environments.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic, and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and
participate in team efforts.
• Sound judgment with respect to confidential and sensitive information and persuasion in gaining the cooperation of others.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff, and vendors.
• Ability to quickly learn and utilize technology tools and resources.
Legal Marketing experience required