Retirement Benefits Analyst New York NY
Job ID: 16705
Summary: This firm is looking for a Retirement Benefits Analyst. The Retirement Benefits Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, auditing, and processing retirement benefits data in conjunction with the administrative operations of the Firm’s qualified retirement plans (Savings Plan (401k), Retirement Plan, and Cash Balance Plan) including daily, monthly, quarterly and annual processes and data management. Works closely with outside record keepers and actuaries as well as internal partners to provide high quality and on-time delivery of retirement benefit administration services.
• Analyzes and audits data used in the administrative operations of the Firm’s Savings Plan (401k), Cash Balance Plan (DB) and Retirement Plan (DC) including but not limited to:
• determining plan eligibility, vesting, and Firm contributions.
• reviewing and processing of weekly Savings Plan deferral feed files and eligibility files. Calculates contribution rates to correct payroll arrears.
• reconciles bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls with respect to Savings Plan contributions.
• processes under $5K auto rollovers, researches lost participants, reviews plan and IRS limits, including processing of refunds and adjustments.
• reviews and audits various monthly and annual reports including but not limited to: distribution reports, beneficiary reports, Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), and forfeitures.
• reviews and analyzes monthly reporting to identify recently terminated participants’ and their eligibility for distributions from each applicable plan.
• audits various weekly reports to manage employee records within the HRIS system, identifies newly promoted Counsel and, rehired employees and Partners to determine eligibility for Firm contribution in the applicable plan(s).
• annual record keeping for the Retirement Plan and Cash Balance Plan.
• audits participants’ qualified retirement plan files for valid beneficiary designation forms, solicits participants for completed beneficiary designation forms and scans/maintains forms in document database.
• creates and maintains all qualified retirement plan participants’ electronic and paper files and annual administration files including filing all relevant documents. Organizes and maintains various documents within the Firm’s document management system.
• prepares and mails the distribution confirmation notices.
• assists with the preparation of annual Savings Plan processing schedules
• Provides timely support for all Partners, attorneys, professional staff, and outside vendors with respect to the Firm’s qualified retirement plans; responds to and resolves participant inquiries.
• Leads new hire orientation.
• Drafts and distributes various communications including new entrant communications, benefit packages, and Notice of Distributions.
• Maintains the security and integrity of benefits related data and the systems used to store such data.
• Ensures adherence to all plan documents and applicable IRS regulations.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
• Manages Firm resources responsibly.
• Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of Defined Contribution (DC) and Defined Benefit (DB) plans.
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
• Pays attention to detail and high data accuracy.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
• Strong computer skills; high proficiency in Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel (with extensive experience in and knowledge of formulas and functions, VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, pivot tables and charts, IF statements, etc.).
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
• Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
• Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and take direction from senior departmental staff.
• Flexibility to adjust hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of two years defined contribution and/or defined benefit related administrative experience
• Workday experience preferred