Regional Office Manager
Job ID: 16118
Job Purpose: Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Baltimore and Washington DC office locations. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to staffing, workflow, and workforce management, vendor relations, purchasing, accounting, budgeting, events, facilities and technology. Works closely with Office Managing Partners, Director of HR, Director of IT, Director of Facilities and Controller to carry out assigned job duties.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
• Supervise and Coordinate workflow for all staff;
• Development and supervision of staff for the maximum utilization of services and equipment;
• Source, screen and interview job applicants for all staff positions;
• Mentor new hires through the onboarding process; including but not limited to, coordinating training, first day tours, lunch, client transfers, for newly hired attorneys/staff;
• Coordinate and participate in annual staff evaluations and review process;
• Communicate staffing issues/changes to Human Resources;
• Prepare staff timesheets for payroll by resolving issues, approving PTO and authorizing all timesheets on a timely basis;
• Responsible for bank accounts and accounting duties related to offices;
• Manage outside vendors, Firm contracts and office budgets to ensure costs are kept in check;
• Negotiate the purchase of office and kitchen supplies and equipment, for Baltimore/DC offices in accordance with the Firm’s purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions;
• Plan and coordinate events for each office;
• Travel between offices regularly;
• Responsible for day-to-day facilities issues, such as distributing access keys and back-up to security access cards; maintenance, emergency procedures, office design, relocations and set up;
• Work with Office Managing Partners and others to plan and coordinate events for Baltimore/DC offices;
• Travel to Office Managers’ meetings, as requested;
• Manage/coordinate off-site Storage;
• Maintain Alumni database in Interaction; and
• All other projects and duties, as assigned by Office Managing Partners or Human Resources Director.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly demanding work environment;
• Highly motivated to provide excellent customer service and have a proactive approach.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Well-developed management and leadership skills.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Ability to build and maintain cohesive working relationships among staff.
• Understanding of compensation and wage structure.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• At least five years of previous experience in office management, including supervisory experience (law firm experience is preferred).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION
Work is performed in a professional office environment and requires the following during the work day:
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time (working at a computer)
• Repetitive movement (i.e. heavy computer/keyboard use).
• Individual will interact regularly with others verbally, in-person, and via written communication.
• May require occasional light lifting (files, copy paper, etc.).
In addition to the essential functions outlined above:
• Individual in this position will provide additional assistance and support as directed by their supervisor.
• Job may require occasional travel to the Firm’s other offices and for external events
• This job description is subject to change at any time.