Project Manager Atlanta GA
Job ID: 16715
Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for project coordination, developing and maintaining project documentation, spreadsheets and files while utilizing various software programs, monitors progress and reporting on projects, reviews deliverables prepared by the team, completes and presents projects using project management tools like Microsoft Project or planner and identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones and required tasks in day-to-day project plans.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises appropriately to meet changing needs and requirements for the PMO.
• Identifies resources needed by partnering with team leaders/managers; creates task lists for projects and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Recommends project scheduling within the PMO.
• Anticipates project needs and recommends solutions to the Project sponsor.
• Serves as the primary liaison between the project sponsor and the project team.
• Creates and shares project agendas and requirements for each project meeting.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by the team before passing to the sponsor.
• Coordinates the preparation of engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures with the PMO and clients.
• Minimizes project management team’s exposure and risk on projects.
• Communicates with the project team, sponsors. Ensures that project communications and needs are met.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations to project sponsors and team members.
• Documents and keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members. Maintains project documentation and deliverables. Ensures project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
• Writes and publishes project meeting minutes, as required.
• Coordinates plans and facilitates meetings with project team members and the interaction with other departments using proven tools and techniques.
• Leads development and implementation of standard project management tools and methodologies, as needed.
• Partners on development and implementation of standard business analysis tools and methodologies, as needed.
• Gathers requirements during project ideation phase, as needed.
• Coordinates the day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope with PMO Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
• Interacts with personnel in all levels of the organization in a tactful, cooperative and professional manner.
• Acts with honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect in all instances.
• Represents the firm well in all interactions.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Earns the trust and respect of others.
• Works well independently and as a team member, reporting to PMO Manager.
• Possesses and conveys an outstanding client service approach for both external and internal clients. Recognizes that all firm personnel are clients and acts accordingly.
• Embraces diversity and inclusion, incorporating them into all aspects of role and behavior.
• Maintains high competency levels and a strong work ethic.
• Is self-motivated. Takes initiative and is diligent.
• Works effectively under high pressure.
• Performs responsibilities in accordance with all Firm standards, policies, and procedures.
• Works regularly and is present in the office as needed, and has daily video or in-person communications with supervisor and team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree is required in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field, from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of an Associate degree with related job experience.
• Required Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile certification like Scrum Master or Business Analyst certification
• EXPERIENCE: Five-seven years of experience working in a Technology Department is required, with a preference given for work experience in a multi office legal environment. A minimum of five years of experience handling, coordinating processes and maintaining projects in professional services environment is also required.
• SKILLS: Excellent interpersonal communication, written and verbal communication skills are required. Strong understanding and exceptional ability to manage multiple large projects. Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language. Demonstrated skills with project management tools and methodologies, preparing documentation and team coordination. Proficiency in all MS Office applications, including Visio, Access and entries and updates in Outlook calendar, is required. Experience with MS Project Professional, MS Teams and SharePoint/Project Web Access are required. Strong understanding of project management principles. Strong ability to work independently on projects.
• TRAVEL: This is a remote position and may require some travel.
• Must be able to sit for 3-4 hours straight.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.