Practice Assistant New York NY
Job ID: 16104
This firm is seeking a Practice Assistant, with a minimum of 3-5 years of related legal assistant experience, to support a group of attorneys in our Private Clients Department. Excellent attention to detail, customer service, technical and communication skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities are critical to being successful in this role. The ideal candidate will enjoy being part of a team and assist
other Practice Assistants whenever necessary to meet Firm and client needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide comprehensive practice group support to a group of attorneys within the Private Clients Department.
• Manage calendars and answer and direct attorney telephone calls.
• Utilize Aderant, a billing and collections software program, to enter attorney time and process expense reports, corporate credit card statements and invoices.
• Proofread, revise, format and compare legal documents. Must have a strong understanding of Trusts & Estates documents.
• Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive log of original, executed legal documents in the firm’s possession for the department.
• Responsible for submitting conflict checks and client/matter intake forms through Aderant.
• Understand and implement client billing requirements and work closely with Billing Coordinators to process attorney’s monthly billing packages.
• Generate timekeeper and client/matter reports through Aderant.
• Liaise with other support departments as main point of contact for the department.
• Organize and maintain emails, paper and electronic files in accordance with Firm policies and procedures utilizing iManage.
• Assist in the preparation of large mailings and filings