Operations Assistant New York NY
Job ID: 16113
The Operations Assistant will report to the Associate Director of Facilities & Facilities Manager on the following job functions:
• Digital print production experience.
• Complete multiple projects at one time.
• Operate production printers and copiers: configure settings, manage job queues and select output formats.
• Process and manipulate electronic files.
• Hyperlinks, add & delete bookmarks experience.
• Print hard copy paper documents from electronic files.
• Scan paper documents into electronic files.
• Create fully customizable tabs.
• Create labels to title various folders or redwelds.
• Create miniature versions of standard size books or documents.
• Number physical documents or electronic files.
• Produce job proofs for customer review and approval.
• Convert and batch print documents such as PDF, Word, and Excel files.
• Process files from a fiery command workstation.
• Monitor printed product to maintain quality standards.
• Complete binding requirements from hardcopy productions (i.e. Velo, Spiral, Wire, Acco and 3-ring).
• Perform daily quality checks on equipment, calibrate and maintain image quality.
• Participate in cross-training and perform other duties as needed.
• Process, sort and deliver all incoming and outgoing mail according to Firm’s procedures, goals, and deadlines.
• Accept, calculate and apply postage for domestic, international, and special mail services.
• Process all incoming and outgoing FedEx, DHL, and UPS shipments using Pitney Bowes Send Suite Live application. Track shipments as necessary.
• Online ordering of mail service and office supplies via a third-party provider.
• Work in coordination with department staff on all incoming and outgoing messenger requests.
• Deliver supplies, large parcels, publications, etc. to office.
• Clean Pantries and Lunch Room each morning and throughout the day to ensure they are stocked with supplies (coffee, tea, paper and plastic goods, etc.)
• Check Conference Rooms each morning and throughout the day and prepare them for daily activity.
• Perform hourly walk-through of all bathrooms to check for cleaning needs.
• Perform daily and periodic walk-through of the entire office space to check for cleaning needs.
• Complete recycle pickups daily.
• Complete all beverage and food set-ups for meetings and clean-ups afterwards.
• Respond to emergency calls throughout the day as needed.
• Responsible for moves and builds of office furniture as required.
• The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of work history in support services/reprographics/digital print production.
• Knowledge of Canon multifunctional devices, Copitrak chargeback system, and various types of binding equipment required.
• Knowledge of Pitney Bowes Mailing Systems and basic website use including FedEx, Messenger, as well as other Couriers.
• Knowledge of relativity media, printing from FTP/drop box, or zip and pdf files from Nuance, preferred.
• Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to maintain the highest levels of customer care while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other employees of the organization.
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be added at the discretion of the Facilities Manager.
• Some knowledge of hanging art and light handyman work, etc.