Network Manager New York NY
Job ID: 17255
The Network Manager is an industrious problem solver with a strong technology background to become part of a team working to scale our IT infrastructure in support of expanding business needs, requirements, and challenges. Primarily supporting and maintaining the IT infrastructure, we require an individual with a tremendous amount of initiative, organizational skills, and the desire to work in an innovative environment and grow within a growing business. The manager will participate in the strategy, planning, management, and reporting of information security program to ensure alignment with business strategic objectives. Focus is concentrated on outstanding performance in the areas of customer service, networking, information security, and systems administration, as well as education, support, and documentation of processes and procedures. The Network Manager is responsible for providing on-site support and remote support.
• Work with the IT team and third-party consultants to ensure a secure, available, effective, and reliable computing environment.
• Design, configure, maintain, and perform ongoing analysis, as well as capacity planning of network infrastructure components. Schedule and oversee third-party consultants for network support.
• Possess familiarity with implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting Cisco solutions and hardware such as switches/routers/access points/firewalls.
• Assist in the support and maintenance of servers, virtualization infrastructure, storage, Active Directory, Azure, and cloud infrastructures.
• Evaluate, propose, and implement procedures for deployment, monitoring, maintaining, securing, auditing, and standardization of the environment.
• Assist in the development and implementation of information security strategy.
• Ensure the confidentially, integrity, and availably of all systems by developing, maintaining, and monitoring of the company’s information security systems, procedures, and policies.
• Maintain, monitor, and report on logging and event monitoring system.
• Monitor for security issues, vulnerabilities, and hacking threats across the network.
• Conduct regular network scanning for vulnerabilities and perform analyses on firewalls.
• Contribute to ongoing projects from a networking, security, server, and infrastructure standpoint.
• Ensure security policies and procedures are communicated to all personnel and that compliance is enforced.
• Perform shared administrative services such as: helpdesk/phone support, user administration, hardware replacement lifecycle, software updates, and patching.
• Train and educate end users on various processes, procedures, and applications.
• Keep abreast of technology trends in the industry through attendance of technology workshops, webinars, seminars, professional publications, and Internet research and maintain current understand of the IT threat landscape.
• Represent the organization at related external third-party engagements.
Relationships and Contacts:
• The Network Manager reports to Emmet Management Committee and interacts with company personnel at all levels and all locations. There is also contact with various third parties for support purposes.
• Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related discipline or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years full-time experience in a technical support role.
• Technical certification in a relevant technology discipline. (Preferred Cisco CCNA, Microsoft, VMWare)
• Demonstrated leadership, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
• Possess management skills which encourage teamwork and promote a positive work environment.
• Can prioritize tasks and projects with confidence.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent Customer Service skills.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external contacts.
• Able to work after-hours, weekend, and on-call work as necessary to minimize the impact of system changes to our end users and to ensure project timelines are met.
• Cisco Certified CCNA (preferred)
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) or equivalent
• Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Windows Server or equivalent