Marketing Manager, Corporate New York City California
Job ID: 16520
Our client has an exciting opening for a US based Marketing Manager who is ready to be challenged and take their career to the next level within an AmLaw Top 100 law firm. This is a hybrid position that may be based in our New York, Washington DC, Boston, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley office.
What Will You Do? As a Marketing Manager, you will be a member of the team that provides marketing and business development support to the firm’s corporate practice groups – M&A, Private Equity, Capital Markets, Compensation & Benefits and Tax. We are looking for a forward-thinking and creative professional who can be both strategic and hands on. Your primary role will be to contribute to the development, implementation and ongoing review of strategic marketing plans and programs, cross-selling initiatives and key client activities to support those practice groups, as well as the firmwide business goals and strategies.
In this role, you will also provide thorough and proactive support for pitches and RFPs, thought leadership and client development, and assist in preparing lawyer teams for meetings/opportunities. You will be responsible for high-quality content management, market and company research, directory submissions, and project management.
You will collaborate with the various functional units within Marketing, Sales and Communications, including the Events, Pitch and Proposal, Creative Services, Operations, Media Relations, and Client Relationship teams, as well as with other departments and programs within the firm, including Research, Knowledge Management, Community Responsibility and Diversity & Inclusion.
You will work under the direction of the Senior Marketing Manager and will have opportunities to mentor other members of the team.
- 5-7 years marketing or business development management experience.
- Law firm marketing and business development experience, particularly with Corporate, is strongly preferred.
- Ability to take action and be highly productive in dynamic, high-pressure situations while balancing competing needs and continually prioritize (and re-prioritize) tasks at a moment’s notice.
- Establish rapport well and be a good listener; collaborate comfortably with partners and team members both inside and outside of the firm.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the lawyers in the practice, coaching and mentoring them as appropriate and as needed. Support lateral partner integration.
- Excellent writing skills. Applicants should be expected to submit a writing sample.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Strong project management skills, laser-like attention to detail and a focus on efficiency.
- Creative thinker with ability to perform the job at a high level.
- Strong client service approach and team orientation.
- Strong technical knowledge, computer skills and experience with (or the ability to become proficient in) the use of marketing systems and tools including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Foundation, Interaction (CRM Software) including Tikit and Vuture (Broadcast Email and Event Registrations Suite), the relevant firm and marketing systems, including, portal (SharePoint) and eReports.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
If you are interested in this role, please send an email to email@example.com.
Up to $180,000 annually in NY/CA