Job ID: 15022
The Legal Recruiting Manager will manage end-to-end law school recruiting process, from OCI to summer program, overseeing campus recruiting team.
• Manage on-campus interview planning and implementation, working directly with recruiting partners and campus recruiting team on school-specific strategies, interviewer selection, reception and dinner planning and budgeting, and thoughtful and directed follow-up with candidates.
• Oversee all OCI registrations, candidate pre-selections, and preparation of OCI materials. Review all 2L and 3L write-in applications.
• Track and report on recruiting statistics, overseeing junior members of campus recruiting team to ensure accuracy and consistency of data.
• Attend and assist in preparations for Recruiting Committee meetings.
• Manage school team meetings, producing metrics for various stakeholders including school teams, affinity groups, Diversity & Inclusion, and others.
• Propose and implement strategy for law student outreach throughout the year, including building and maintaining relationships with law school career services and student groups.
• Identify new organizations for sponsorship and partnerships.
• Oversee campus recruiting team planning of logistics and events, including event, subject matter proposals, and attorney speaking points.
• Manage mock interview process.
• Attend events as needed for staffing and as a firm representative.
• Manage diversity-focused recruiting efforts and events in collaboration with Diversity & Inclusion Department and affinity groups. Oversee diversity-related sponsorships, partnerships, and events, including budgeting.
• Partner with Director of Legal Recruiting and Diversity & Inclusion team on proactive outreach to law school career services related to diversity recruiting, assisting in setting agendas for discussion and ensuring follow-up on action items.
• Manage 1L Diversity Fellowship, working with Diversity and Hiring Committees on fellowship priorities, process, and results.
• Manage 2L Diversity Scholarship, working in the same manner as the 1L Fellowship.
• Manage round robin/evening interview process, from scheduling to logistics. Oversee the interview calendar.
• Design and manage all aspects of the summer associate program including pre-summer program administration, planning, managing and attending events, liaising with practice groups to monitor summer associate performance, maintaining summer associate evaluation files, engaging with summer associates to ensure adequacy of assignments and training, and oversight of foreign rotations.
• Manage SEO participation in the summer program.
• Provide oversight of junior members of the recruiting team during summer program, including supervising practice group management, evaluations preparation, and all events.
• Supervise and mentor junior members of the recruiting team, including ongoing training and professional development.
• Assist Director of Legal Recruiting in annual survey responses and industry profiles, including Chambers and Vault.
• Collaborate with marketing department to produce recruiting materials and promotional items for both OCI and ongoing yearly campus outreach.
• Keep current with industry and peer firm developments, trends, and best practices, including NALP updates.
• Ongoing creation and updating of viRecruit reports.
• Other responsibilities as they are assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor’s Degree required and a minimum of five years of law firm recruiting experience.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
• Able to work independently, take initiative, and see projects to completion as well as work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
• Able to establish effective working relationships with all levels of firm personnel.
• Able to handle pressure situations while maintaining professionalism.
• Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge required.
• Knowledge of viRecruit preferred.
• Available and willing to travel and attend events and to work hours as needed to meet deadlines.