Legal Recruiting Manager / New York New York
Job ID: 16263
The Recruiting Manager will manage the hiring process for summer and fall associates for the New York office and support hiring in other offices. This includes managing the on campus and fall recruiting season as well as the summer associate program. The manager also will be responsible for 1L, 3L and judicial clerk hiring when necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manage the summer and entry-level associate recruitment programs in New York and other offices as needed.
• Determine attorney needs and strategic growth plan with hiring partners.
• Act as an ambassador of the Firm. Interact with law schools to facilitate the fall interviewing process and to ensure our brand is known to the students. Look for opportunities to market the firm to the students.
• Manage NY recruiting staff, including training, performance feedback & counseling.
• Coordinate with other members of Legal Talent Department to plan, implement and drive efforts to increase and improve firm visibility and profile at targeted schools.
• Review candidate materials, manage candidate process and respond to inquiries, oversee the interview process (scheduling, monitoring, evaluation follow-up, etc.), and communicate with candidates.
• Lead the call-back process for New York and possibly other offices. Organize and confirm interview schedules and arrangements.
• Lead hiring committee meetings in New York, providing materials and statistics.
• Work with lawyers on the summer committee to ensure summer associates have the right amount of work and are getting regular feedback from the attorneys.
• Manage post-offer process including attorney follow up and coordination of offer dinners and return visits for candidates.
• Design and administer summer associate program for New York, including organizing and attending social events and planning the training calendar.
• Lead and provide materials for the weekly summer committee meetings. Plan mid and final reviews.
• Update NALP form and related firm materials including working with the Marketing Department on recruiting-related promotional materials, including recruiting portion of firm’s website.
• Serve as a firm contact with outside organizations involved in the legal recruiting process, including the National Association for Law Placement, other law firms, and law schools.
• Understand and be familiar with current industry and market trends and philosophies.
• Provide special project support as needed.
• Performs any and all other duties as necessary and as assigned by your supervisor for efficient functioning of the Department, Office and Firm.
• College degree required.
• 5+ years of legal recruiting or cyclical recruiting experience.
• 2+ years of supervisory experience.
• Excellent project management, planning and organization skills.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Client service-oriented.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate professionally and diplomatically.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to function in a collaborative organization and be a team player.
• Ability to learn new skills as they become necessary.
• Systems required: Interwoven, Microsoft Suite, Outlook, Lawcruit, Simplicity, Recruit Notes, and Summer Notes.
• Some travel required.