Legal Recruiting Coordinator Los Angeles/San Francisco CA
Job ID: 16128
JOB SUMMARY This firm’s Legal Talent Management Department seeks a West Coast Legal Recruiting Coordinator to join its team of professionals. Reporting to the Chief Legal Talent Officer, this position will reside in the Los Angeles office, which is located in Century City. Currently, our in-office requirements are 2-3 days per week. This position is highly-visible to the Los Angeles and San Francisco lawyers and beyond. The selected candidate will serve as the principle contact for associate and senior counsel, staff attorney, and contract attorney recruitment, and will support the manager and partner in charge of West Coast partner hiring in Los Angeles. At times, their assistance will be required for key professional development-related initiatives, such as the semi-annual performance management process, as it relates to the West Coast offices.
Legal Recruiting Duties
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients, including attorneys, staff, and search firms.
• Screen resumes and applications; distribute paperwork of qualified applicants to appropriate internal parties; and maintain applicant files within database.
• Schedule lateral interviews including: identifying and communicating with appropriate partners and associates regarding the interview schedule, creating schedules, booking conference rooms and/or setting up Zoom meetings, sending calendar invitations and evaluation requests, and greeting candidates.
• Prepare and send candidate and agency correspondence; liaise with candidates and agencies, as needed; shepherd offer process to completion.
• Organize and administer onboarding and integration processes for new attorneys.
• Provide on-ground support for recruiting (and professional development) events, as needed.
General Administrative Duties
• Handle background and conflicts-check processing, among other onboarding materials, and set up lateral orientation schedules.
• Process recruiting-related expenses.
• Update and maintain recruiting database and related resources.
• Assist with or handle surveys and questionnaires, i.e., annual NALP form and other market surveys.
• Serve as back-up to others in Department, which may entail firm-wide recruiting duties and professional development activity.
• Assist in maintaining and updating the Attorney Recruiting & Development sections of Department pages on the Firm’s intranet.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a recruiting environment; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, strong proofreading abilities, high level of organization, and a strong desire to build relationships among lawyers and staff. Ability to exercise sound judgment and deal with sensitive topics appropriately. Candidate must be proactive, service oriented, detail-oriented, and able to thrive in an environment that requires self-starting and multi-tasking.
• Experience using viDesktop preferred. Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel required; PowerPoint is a plus.