Legal Assistant Florham Park
Job ID: 16918
The Legal Assistant will be assigned to support Principals and Associates in Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Defense, Employment Litigation, and Family Law Practice Groups. Hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
This position is required to be onsite 5 days a week.
• Organize case files and documents.
• Case tracking/docketing and scheduling.
• Obtain, analyze and summarize case records.
• Prepare depositions, exhibits and trial binders.
• Interact with firm personnel, clients, outside counsel, and court personnel.
• Create and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education
• A minimum of three to five years’ legal experience
• Outstanding organizational skills are critical to be successful in this role.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Document management technology experience preferred.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• A minimum of a 4-year college degree or work experience equivalent.
• Self-starter who is comfortable managing multiple tasks for a very busy practice.