Legal Administrative Assistant (Litigation) Boston
Job ID: 15647
A prestigious Am Law 200 law firm, has an immediate need for an experienced and self-motivated Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant. We are seeking a technically skilled, positive, energetic candidate to provide professional support to a team of Litigation Attorneys.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare, revise, format and proofread litigation documents, correspondence and presentations
• Assist with litigation procedures such as court filings, service, e-filing and oversee the organization of client documents/pleadings in electronic databases
• Knowledge of local jurisdictional and federal court rules and procedures
• Assist with planning and preparing for depositions, hearings, trials and closings
• Monitoring court dates, depositions and deadlines
• Answer calls in a professional manner; take and deliver accurate messages
• Review and prioritize mail packages; prepare overnight packages and coordinate messenger deliveries and pickups
• Edit and prepare bills in accordance with firm and client requirements
• Maintain calendars by planning and scheduling meetings, conference calls and arranging business travel
• Process and monitor expense reimbursements, reconcile Amex charges and check requests
• Serve as gatekeeper between attorneys and internal and external clients
• Maintain electronic files
• Provide exceptional support while prioritizing needs of a busy team
• Assist other projects as requested and provide back up support on the floor as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Positive attitude, professional, reliable and strong work ethic
• Must be well organized and proactive with creative problem-solving ability
• A self-starter capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines and deliver exceptional results
• Must be accurate, detail and deadline oriented, organized and flexible
• Possess a high level of discretion to deal with confidential matters
• Ability to work independently as well as part of team
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Easily adaptable to changing technology and processes
• Flexibility to work overtime as needed
• A minimum of five years of support experience in a professional services firm, preferably in a mid-size to large law firm.
• Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Outlook, CMS or similar billing software.
• Familiarity with DocuSign, Nuance, Zoom and certified mailings is helpful.