Lead IT Infrastructure Engineer Denver
Job ID: 16829
The Lead IT Infrastructure Engineer will lead the design, build, and continued operation and maintenance of core physical and logical infrastructure components, including servers, storage, networking, Active Directory, DNS, and related technologies. This is a high level engineering role with direct hands-on responsibilities. We are looking for an expert-level IT engineer with a proven track record of designing systems for scale, performance, and resiliency.
• Design, implement, and maintain IP network infrastructure, ensuring highly available and performant data connectivity throughout the enterprise.
• Design, implement, and maintain a highly available and performant server and storage infrastructure, including physical, virtual, and cloud-based resources.
• Collaborate with applications team to design and test failover and HA capabilities for key business applications (Load Balancers, GSLB, IP Portability, DNS Planning, etc.,)
• Leveraging data from business impact assessments and other sources, plan and implement backup and disaster recovery solutions to achieve desired RPOs and RTOs.
• Collaborate with other engineers to design and implement logical infrastructure components, including Active Directory, DNS, SQL Server, and similar technologies.
• Supervise the implementation and ongoing administration of robust monitoring and alerting solutions.
• Develop and oversee processes for proactive lifecycle management of IT infrastructure assets.
• Produce and maintain thorough network and systems documentation, including standard operating procedures to guide the work of other engineers and administrators.
• Collaborate with team members in information security to harden systems and minimize risk throughout the environment.
• Resolve complex technical issues, perform root cause analyses, and collaborate with other engineers on developing permanent fixes.
• Serve as an escalation point within the department. Mentor and develop junior team members by sharing knowledge, technical insights, and methods of problem solving.
• Assist with day-to-day operational requirements of the department, as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline strongly preferred.
• 10+ years of experience implementing and maintaining IT infrastructure in mid to large size organizations.
• 3+ years of experience architecting physical and logical IT infrastructure in mid to large size organizations.
• Requires expert-level knowledge of IP networking and hands-on experience managing Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, and/or Meraki equipment. CCNP or CCIE preferred.
• Strong knowledge of server, storage, and VMware design concepts and an ability to make well-reasoned decisions regarding platforms and architectures.
• Strong knowledge and hands-on experience managing load balancers and firewalls.
• Thorough understanding of Active Directory, DNS, PKI, SQL Server, and similar logical infrastructure components.
• Experience designing and testing comprehensive disaster recovery plans for systems and applications.
• Must be able to recognize where changes and improvements can and should be made.
• Resourceful and independent problem solver also possessing sound judgement to know when to engage others.
• Strong time management, prioritization, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Excellent documentation skills with an ability to convey understanding of complex ideas to IT engineers and administrators of varying levels of skill.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment; both with strong follow up and follow through abilities to ensure work is completed appropriately.
• Must demonstrate respect for others and promote a supportive environment.
• Flexibility to work overtime and some weekends, as necessary.