Communications Manager New York NY
Job ID: 17706
Our client is seeking a Communications Manager who will develop and create a variety of content for publications and communication outlets in support of the firm’s marketing and business development objectives.
They will draft persuasive messaging for the firm’s internal communications, including memos and talking points, as well as for external channels such as the website, social media, rankings, and other similar publications. They also oversee and liaise with the firm’s PR agency to drive relationships with the media and garner awards.
• Liaise between partners and PR agency to pitch attorneys to media outlets and help coordinate interviews.
• Work with PR agency to establish and maintain a comprehensive calendar of survey, directory, and award submission due dates.
• Oversee the strategy and process for preparation and submission of all editorial content, including award submissions, directories, surveys, and articles.
• Draft and develop copy for website, including but not limited to articles, interviews, videos, alerts, and newsletters, and ensure appropriate content is shared on social media from firm’s profile and on behalf of partners.
• Assist with developing client and business development materials, including RFIs, RFPs and pitches, as well as practice descriptions.
• Plan and draft internal memos and talking points, working directly with leadership, attorneys and other departments.
• Provide editorial support, when needed, to attorneys and internal teams by reviewing, advising, and copy-editing to ensure that technical material is accessible to non-expert legal audiences.
• Produce multimedia content, including videos and podcasts, taking the lead on drafting scripts, talking points, and Q&As.
• Manage the team’s coordinator, with an eye towards furthering professional development and promoting a team culture of mutual respect.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in a communications-related field, MBA preferred.
• At least 7-10 years of experience in legal marketing. Strong understanding of law firms, lawyers, and the legal market.
• Strong and persuasive written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills, with confidence and ability to deal with partners, associates, and staff at all levels.
• Detail-oriented and self-motivated to ensure accuracy.
• Ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Meticulous attention to detail, with strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills.
• Compassionate approach to mentoring and managing junior colleagues.