Managing Clerk Maryland
Job ID: 17702
Our client is seeking an experienced Managing Clerk with deep knowledge of the Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia court systems. In this role, candidates will be able to work remotely.
This role’s responsibilities will include:
– Calendar litigation events in Compulaw based on review of court notifications, court rules, and attorney communications.
– Handle e-filings in federal and state courts in an accurate and timely manner.
– Review filings for compliance with court rules and requirements.
– Respond to questions from attorneys regarding court calendaring, procedure and compliance with court rules.
– Perform research on court rules, procedure, and case histories as needed.
– Act as a liaison between attorneys and court personnel.
– Track state and federal cases of interest through various applications.
– Conduct searches for sample court filings, court records and dockets.
– Coordinate service of process and other litigation documents as needed.
– A minimum of 5 years prior related legal experience.
– In depth knowledge of Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia court procedures.
– Patent and IP Litigation experience is preferred.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Ability to manage high-volume workload.
– Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel.
– Ability to work under pressure, participate in a collegial atmosphere, show excellent attention to detail, and organize a fast-paced workflow.