Client Relationship Manager | Senior Client Relationship Manager Remote
Job ID: 17700
Our client is seeking a US-based Client Relationship Manager or Senior Client Relationship Manager, who will play a pivotal role in supporting the firm’s best-in-class client relationship program. Your focus will be in supporting the firm’s life sciences sector.
This position can be based out of the firm’s Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Orange County, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, or Washington DC offices. Consideration will be given for a 100% remote candidate.
In this role, you will support the firm’s partners in broadening and strengthening the firm’s relationships with a set of valued clients in the life sciences sector – by listening to clients and coordinating with the firm’s global teams. You will deliver value for clients, identify and drive expansion of existing relationships into new practices and geographies, support teams in providing superb client service and thought leadership, and collaborate with clients to meet mutual Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) objectives. You will deliver a proactive, hands-on, detail-oriented approach with exceptional client interface and project management skills. And you will bring a relentless focus on operational improvement and innovation to all you do.
How will you spend your time?
Client Team Support
– Support client teams in deepening their understanding of clients’ business and objectives and the markets within which they operate
– Develop and execute strategic client plans
– Connect the dots between clients’ business needs and the firm’s capabilities
– Facilitate client team communications and planning sessions
– Monitor news and industry activity and synthesize competitive intelligence into actionable opportunities
– Identify and help to develop tailored legal training to introduce clients to new talent
– Conduct financial analysis to guide our strategy around client relationships
– Proactively identify trends in relationship growth, opportunities to introduce new teams and services, and measure ROI on client activities and investments
– Seek out meaningful ways to partner with clients beyond day-to-day legal work (pro bono, DEI, professional development, tailored client events)
– Collaborate closely with the Director of Client Initiatives to engage in client listening and continually improve client service
– Collaborate in the design and execution of high touch client events
– Help to develop and share relevant thought leadership with clients
– Collaborate with the firm’s Pitch & Pursuits team to tailor pitches and RFPs
– Design scalable client offerings that help differentiate us from peer firms
– 7+ years’ experience in law firm, legal services, or professional services marketing
– JD or MBA preferred, but not required
– Keen knowledge of the life sciences industry and/or experience working with life sciences companies is required
– Client relationship experience required
– Integrity, tact, and professionalism in dealing with sensitive information and maintaining client confidence.
– Absolute trustworthiness, confidentiality, and discretion.
– Demonstrated superb, consistent judgement. – Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines with a high degree of detail and accuracy.
– Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
– Strategic thinker with the ability to anticipate needs, identify opportunities, and drive initiatives to completion. Strong problem-solving skills.
– A collaborative and team-oriented mindset, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-driven environment.
– A passion for challenging the status quo, a hunger for greatness, and an unwavering commitment to achieving extraordinary results.
– A good listener with a growth mindset and proven ability to adapt quickly to change and exhibit a high degree of flexibility.
– Self-confident without being self-important, intellectually curious, thoughtful, considerate, and decent.
– Ability to travel occasionally as needed.