Corporate Associate Roseland NJ
Job ID: 17648
Corporate M&A Attorney
Our Client seeking a seasoned Corporate M&A Attorney with a minimum of 5+ years of expertise in navigating the intricacies of M&A, equity, and/or debt finance matters for both private and public companies, lenders, and equity enthusiasts. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in providing strategic legal counsel, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and advising clients on a diverse range of M&A transactions.
- Offer expert legal advice on a broad spectrum of corporate and commercial matters, encompassing business formations, governance, compliance, contracts, and transactions.
- Provide legal counsel and support throughout the entire transaction lifecycle, from initial due diligence to post-closing integration.
- Draft, review, and negotiate various M&A-related agreements, such as purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, and merger agreements.
- Oversee and manage transaction documents and agreements, maintaining a comprehensive record of all legal documents and correspondence.
- Collaborate closely with clients to comprehend their strategic objectives and deliver legal advice aligned with their business goals.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and partners to provide comprehensive legal services to clients.
- Mentor and guide junior attorneys and legal staff as needed.
- Juris Doctor (JD) from an accredited law school.
- Bar-admitted in NJ; NY admission is a plus.
- Minimum of 5+ years of significant corporate, commercial law, and M&A experience, preferably in a reputable law firm or similar setting.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, and communication skills.
- Intrinsic motivation, self-starter with strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build robust client relationships.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate effectively and lead when necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and various other accounting and document management-based software.