Benefits Specialist Boston MA
Job ID: 17640
Our client, a mid-size Boston-based law firm, is looking for a diligent and detail-oriented Benefits Specialist to join their dynamic Human Resources department.
This position is responsible for the administration of Firm benefits, including health, dental, vision, short and long term disability, state leaves, 401k, life insurance, and COBRA.
- Maintain compliance of all firm benefits programs including annual audits, filings, plan testing, reports, and notices, in accordance with federal and state guidelines. Review changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and determine necessary or suggested changes.
- Educate employees and partners on firm benefits package, answer questions, and troubleshoot issues.
- Process benefits enrollments and changes.
- Maintain relationship with insurance brokers and insurance plan account representatives, including working with them on annual renewals.
- Assist Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) with evaluating current firm benefits and initiatives, including making recommendations for benefits changes to support recruitment and talent retention strategic goals.
- Administer leaves of absence in accordance with firm policy, and federal and state laws.
- Manage benefit program communication, including creating and distributing materials for open enrollment, onboarding, departures, or qualifying life events.
- Maintain firm policy manual; work closely with CHRO and employment attorney to make edits and updates to ensure compliance.
- Participate in firm’s well-being committee, including developing and coordinating well-being programming.
- Participate in payroll process by reviewing employee timecards, communicating payroll changes to Payroll Specialist, and liaising with Payroll Specialist on any associated time & attendance, leave, or compensation questions.
- Manage distribution of all legally required employment notices to maintain plan compliance.
- Complete periodic industry and client-directed surveys.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of benefits experience, with an emphasis on coordinating complex leaves of absence.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong multi-tasking skills.
- Good knowledge of employment and benefits laws.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on customer service.
- Excellent discretion and judgement; ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Law firm or professional services experience preferred.
For immediate consideration, send resume to Naomi at firstname.lastname@example.org