Paralegal New York NY
Job ID: 17614
The Capital Markets & Corporate Department of the firms New York office is seeking an experienced capital markets and corporate paralegal. This position will support a team of partners, senior counsel and associates. The ideal candidate must have 10+ years of capital markets and corporate paralegal experience with mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, due diligence, entity formations and other state filings, preparation of organizational documents, corporate minutes and resolutions, IPOs, and Exchange Act filings . Successful candidates will have excellent drafting and analytical skills, strong attention to detail, high level of organization, strong verbal and interpersonal skills, and ability to manage multiple projects.
• Forming various legal entities and maintaining corporate records
• Organizing legal documents pre and post-closing
• Assisting with corporate transactions, including conducting high level due diligence, preparation of authorizing resolutions and preparation and maintenance of closing checklists
• Drafting, editing and distributing Section 13 and Section 16 filings
• Applying for CUSIP and Edgar Codes
• Other tasks as directed by attorneys Requirements:
• The ideal candidate will be highly organized, possess excellent proofing and communication (oral and written) skills; the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment; a very strong attention to detail; and a professional demeanor.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely and build relationships with lawyers, clients and other team members to achieve results. Requires a high level of collaboration with attorneys and staff and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and using the internet is a must. Working knowledge of iManage or other filing databases and web technology is beneficial.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• A minimum of 3-days per week in person in the New York office is required
Salary Range between $110,000-$125,000