Audio Visual Technician New York NY
Job ID: 17572
Great Audio-Visual Opportunity with dynamic corporation.
The successful candidate will be required to support Audio-Visual (AV) systems on premise in all client environments. The candidate will engage and work constructively with AV vendors, assist in overseeing AV system installations, and repairs. In this role, the candidate will provide technical support for all AV systems in coordination with client Technology and AV vendors.
This is a key role, interfacing with all levels between the Technology department and across business units. A successful candidate will be technically adept, handson, a selfstarter, passionate about technology, communicative, and collaborative. This is an on-site position based out of our New York City Office.
• Provide on-site Zoom and Conference room technical support for employees and
other business associates at the “White Glove” level.
• Determine client expectations for all technical requirements for events.
• Maintain proper communication in setting the expectations and the delivery of services requested.
• Set up and adjust AV equipment for trainings, presentations, meetings, conferences, andevents.
• Perform routine maintenance, testing and daily room checks to confirm functionality of all AV equipment and software.
• Collaborates with teams and project committees to ensure that audio/visual integrations adhere to company standards.
• Report issues and status updates in a timely manner to team and management, following proper escalation procedures.
• Install AV equipment including but not limited to displays, projectors, camera systems,video teleconferencing systems, microphones and speakers.
• Perform equipment additions, removals, repairs, replacements and inspections.
• Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve equipment and software malfunctions in a timely
• Maintain a broad and in-depth knowledge of AV technologies.
• Provide after-hours and weekend support as needed.
• Minimum 4 years of proven experience as an AV Technician or similar role.
• Experience and certifications for Dante, AV over IP, Extron, Shure, BiAmp, and Poly
• Excellent communication and client interaction skills (including verbal and written
Audio- Visual (AV) Technician
• Ability to understand signal flow and all aspects of troubleshooting various AV
technologies including working with manufacturer technology teams.
• Commercial AV installation experience including best practices and safety requirements.
• Fundamental computer networking comprehension and configuration skills.
• Experience working with macOS and Microsoft operating systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills that are quality focused and
consistent with clients standards.
• Must be able to operate in complex situations and working within multiple systems.
• Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy to heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Occasional out-of-state travel may be required for certain event servicing