Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Job ID: 17548
Our Client is in search of an associate with a minimum of 3 years of law firm experience to join a dynamic Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation (EBEC) practice. This position is based in our New York office, and New York Bar admission is required.
The ideal associate for this role will bring employee benefits experience, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects with efficiency. They should take pride in staying updated on new laws, court decisions, and government regulations related to employee benefit plans, positioning themselves as a trusted advisor and an expert in the field. Strong communication skills, both in person and through various channels, are essential.
The salary range provided is specifically tailored for those based in or planning to reside in New York City if selected for the role. Salaries are determined based on internal equity, salary ranges, market data, the applicant’s skills and experience, and relevant degrees or certifications (e.g., JD/technology). New York City Salary Range: $230,000 – $260,000.
- Assist clients in developing, drafting, implementing, and administering qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, health and welfare benefit plans, and other compensatory arrangements.
- Handle the benefits aspects of mergers, acquisitions, financing, and other corporate transactions, including due diligence for compensation, retirement, and health and welfare benefit plans.
- Review transaction documentation, negotiate representations and warranties, and interface with internal and opposing counsel on deals and post-deal integration and support.
- Advise clients on negotiating and drafting employment agreements and consulting agreements.
- Provide guidance on severance packages and releases.
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- ERISA Fiduciary and Plan Asset work
- Affordable Care Act
- IRS Correction Program
- Department of Labor correction program