Proposal Specialist Any Location Remote
Job ID: 17497
Are you a creative, high-energy individual who thrives in professional services environments? Are you naturally curious and interested in the litigation industry, including the innovative intersections between innovation and litigation? Do you love working with smart, dynamic and diverse teams and driving progress on projects?
Our client has an exciting opening for a Proposal Specialist (Pitch & Pursuits Team) who is ready to be challenged and build a career within an AmLaw Top 100 law firm. This hybrid position will be in the based in any of the firm’s U.S. offices (Austin; Boston; Chicago; Houston; Los Angeles; New York; Menlo Park; Orange County; Portland, Sacramento; San Francisco; Santa Monica; Seattle; Washington DC or Wheeling, WV) and consideration given for 100% remote US locations.
What will I do: In this role, you will provide direct support to our Marketing Team and lawyers in the execution of client-focused opportunity responses, with a specific focus on opportunities within the Energy & Infrastructure (E&I) sector. With each new opportunity, you could be crafting a winning pitch focused on anything from our wide array of capabilities to support conventional & renewable energy and Energy Tech transactions and new development, provide counsel on infrastructure projects, design innovative financings, and even litigate energy disputes. In collaboration with our Marketing and Communications teams, you will create and manage strategic firm and practice content. As a member of the Pitch & Pursuits Team (Pitch Team), a key unit within our overall global Marketing department, and at the direction of the P&P Sr. Manager and Manager, you will play a dynamic role in supporting the firm’s, department’s and team’s objectives and strategies.
What responsibilities will you have?
- In collaboration with lawyers and staff, you will lead pitch, proposal and RFP response drafting and coordination
- You will regularly analyze and review practice marketing collateral to ensure brand and messaging alignment
- Collaborating with a wide team of contributors, you will lead superior maintenance and organization of marketing materials within the department’s materials library
- Track the status of existing opportunity responses and manage opportunity data for assigned pitches, proposals and RFPs, including outcomes collection
- In collaboration with practice marketing and data teams, regularly review current experience related to assigned practices areas, ensuring its inclusion in core materials
- Cover tight turnaround proposals within the required timeframes and meet deadlines – including flexibility in after-hours and occasional weekend responsibilities
- Participate in pitch debrief sessions to identify areas of strength and areas for improvement across content and process
- Develop and own specific P&P functions, as assigned by the P&P Manager, to improve firmwide marketing and P&P processes, technology utilization and/or content
- Four-year degree in Communications, English or other writing-intensive field preferred or equivalent work experience
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to craft a compelling energy story within a sales context. Applicants will be required to provide writing samples.
- Excellent word-processing computer skills necessary; very high proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word. Additional platforms include Excel and SharePoint.
- Two to five years of prior law firm or professional services firm writing and/or business development experience preferred.
- High-level attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Advanced ability to analyze large amounts of information and data for key takeaways and crafting of messaging points.
- Ability to become proficient in the use of the following marketing systems and tools: Firm Biography Tool, ServiceNow Project Management Platform; Firm Portal; and other relevant firm systems.
- Superior project management skills, including independent discernment and decision-making with strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to gain agreement and to build positive relationships within the firm through quality work and through leadership.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing list of priorities and excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Highly productive, flexible and can handle stress with the ability to effectively balance projects and prioritize tasks.