Condo Litigation Attorney New York NY
Job ID: 17432
Job Title: Real Estate Attorney (Condo Litigation)
We are seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Real Estate Attorney. The ideal candidate should have a strong grasp of various real estate structures and contracts, with a particular focus on condos and co-ops. You will be responsible for addressing a wide range of legal issues related to real estate transactions, including but not limited to:
- Understanding the structures and differences between condos and co-ops.
- Reviewing and negotiating construction contracts and security contracts.
- Handling issues related to property transfers, including transfers to trusts.
- Navigating sponsor holders’ rights and understanding what they have and don’t have.
- Advising on initial purchaser rights and indemnities.
- Overseeing the proper conduct of annual meetings.
- Interpreting and analyzing financial statements.
- Managing elections and understanding the differences between cumulative and straight voting.
- Addressing responsibilities concerning fire and flood prevention and response.
- Distinguishing between different types of co-ops, including conventional, 213, and Mitchell Lama.
- Ensuring compliance with local laws, such as Local Law 11 “FISP” related to facades.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school.
- Admission to the bar in NY
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in real estate law, with a specific focus on condos and co-ops.
- In-depth knowledge of the legal intricacies associated with real estate transactions.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.