Paralegal – Trusts and Estates Columbia MD
Job ID: 17287
Job Title: Paralegal – Trusts and Estates
Location: Columbia, MD
Experience: 5+ years
Our client is seeking an experienced Paralegal with a background in Trusts and Estates to join their Columbia, MD office. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of relevant experience and a strong understanding of estate administration, estate planning, investments, and Maryland probate and tax laws.
- Prepare probate petitions, Inventories, and Administration Accounts.
- Generate valuation reports for securities using valuation software.
- Assist with the sale and transfer of assets, including real estate.
- Draft correspondence to clients regarding estate and trust matters.
- Prepare various Probate filings and assist attorneys in court proceedings.
- Schedule and manage court filings in a timely manner.
- Maintain and balance Estate & Trust checkbooks.
- Prepare Receipts and Releases in connection with distributions from an estate or trust.
- Prepare Federal and Maryland gift and estate tax returns.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Paralegal in Estate Planning and Administration.
- Exceptional writing skills with strong organizational skills, time management, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in research and fact-checking.
- Experience with accounting and tax software.
- Knowledge of tax FAS (Financial Accounting Standards).
- Previous experience interacting with clients, courts, and multiple companies.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please note that this job description is provided for reference purposes, and you may need to adapt it to your specific needs and company guidelines.