Controller New York New York
Job ID: 17286
Our Client, a New York law firm, is seeking a Controller.
In this exciting opportunity, you will have tremendous exposure and report to the Partners and work closely with the Managing Partner.
You will be responsible for all the accounting functions, including the following:
• Maintaining and updating the General Ledger
• Preparing daily and monthly financial reports for Partners on both a fiscal and calendar year basis.
• Periodic Tax Filings, including NYC Commercial Rent Tax and NYS Sales Tax
• Preparation of interim financial statements
• Calculating compensation due to contract attorneys
• Budgeting and profitability analysis
• Performing banking functions including bank account reconciliation and wire transfers
* You must have knowledge of cash and accrual basis accounting
* You will work with our clients outside CPA as needed, including assisting with the preparation of the Firm’s annual income tax returns and year-end financial statements
In order to be considered you should have a minimum of five years of law firm accounting experience, a Bachelor Degree (preferably in accounting) * A Masters is a plus.
You should have a high degree of technical skills including advanced MS Excel.
Knowledge of Rippe Kingston/SurePoint a plus. Strong communication skills are a must.
For immediate consideration please send you resume to email@example.com and call James on 732-965-1094.