Audiovisual Support Coordinator Washington DC
Job ID: 17259
Great Fulltime Opportunity for an AV Support Coordinator. This position is available in the following office location(s) – Washington, DC or Chicago, IL
JOB SUMMARY The Audiovisual Support Coordinator facilitates the daily operation of AV technology services of meetings in all firm locations. The role is responsible for organizing the support analysts in firm offices to guarantee a high-quality technology experience, including collecting details for technology requirements and testing AV equipment pre-event, ensuring support during the event and breakdown/cleaning post-event. The Audiovisual Support Coordinator will be an expert on the in-room equipment and all variations of the equipment’s capabilities, conduct quality control analysis, skillfully running video, audio, and signal testing, and ensure all AV systems operate at peak performance. This role will use objective analysis to spot issues and eliminate them before an event, and hen issues arise will troubleshoot and work Technology Department leadership on repairs and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs advanced coordination with meeting host and support analysts to ensure the technology team understands all aspects of how technology will be used during meetings
• Communicate technology needs for meetings that span multiple locations to ensure technology support analysts understand technology expectations.
• Ensures a flawlessly executed meeting occurs through pre-meeting testing, accurate and timely setup, and operation of audiovisual equipment.
• Coordinate with Technology Support Analysts to troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
• Verifies that conference rooms are equipped with suitable audiovisual technology to meet needs of the Firm. This includes integrated and PC based systems for audio and videoconference calls on multiple platforms such as Zoom and Teams, PC presentations, recordings.
• Understand and be able to suggest a variety of technology setups to best meet the needs of a particular event and have the flexibility to pivot due to unplanned/unexpected circumstances.
• Maintain accurate and organized documentation of AV equipment configurations, troubleshooting steps, and solutions.
• Operates and fine tunes conference room equipment as needed. This includes working with participants to start videoconferences, adjust camera and microphone positions, in-room amplification, advancing slide decks, positioning attendees, etc.
• Ensures that all audiovisual and technology equipment in conference center is tested and ready for use prior to the start of scheduled meetings.
• Monitors the Firm’s conference room scheduling system to launch meetings with technology requirements. Ensures technology levels meet the needs of the scheduled meetings. • Provides remote support to personnel utilizing technologies such as Zoom, Teams and other videoconferencing platforms.
• Provides additional end-user technical support as needed. Resolve PC connectivity issues, printer installation, display and projection trouble, etc.
• Works with the technology support team to address issues related to AV, and also assists with general hardware support as needed. Logs details using the service desk ticketing system including the opening, closing, resolution, escalation, and tracking of user requests.
• Completes special projects regarding various issues as needed.
• Provide explanation and training for operation of conferencing equipment to technology support analysts to build knowledge across the support team.
• Report trends and unusual inquiries received to department leadership to identify issues and problems with the technology platform.
• Participates in regularly scheduled technology calls to understand firm strategies and new products and services.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of conference room support and AV technology. • Strong knowledge in Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.
• Knowledge in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-browsing and SharePoint.
• Strong knowledge in troubleshooting complex issues in pressure situations relating to computer hardware, phones, printers and mobile devices, with skills in decision making and strategic thinking.
• Working knowledge with remote access, including Citrix, VPN and VDI.
• Experience using remote connectivity and remote-control software tools in order to troubleshoot and assist customers.
• Working knowledge of general data security protocols and requirements to maintain a safe and secure technology platform.
• Understands general network architecture, including switches, routers, circuits, virtual servers and data centers. • Attention to detail, with the ability to notice what others seem to miss. • Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Organized and consistently executes tasks effectively and efficiently. • Excellent interpersonal skills including telephone skills, verbal and written communication skills, active listening and customer care.
• Communicates effectively in person and in writing, with the ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical people.
• Remains flexible and adapts to changes in tasks, projects or processes, whether planned or unforeseen
• Ability to remain calm when resolving customer issues.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred. Experience:
• 4+ years of related technical experience working with audiovisual equipment including codecs, audio mixers, and cameras.
• Experience delivering white glove customer service.
• Legal industry experience preferred.