Commercial Real Estate Paralegal New York NY
Job ID: 17012
We are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Real Estate Paralegal to join our client’s team. As a paralegal, you will play a crucial role in assisting attorneys with managing and closing complex commercial real estate and corporate transactions. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual with a strong work ethic and a team-oriented spirit to contribute to high-profile legal matters.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage deal files and maintain deal checklist.
- Assist attorneys in preparing entity formation and organizational documents.
- Create, compose, and edit written materials and transaction documents.
- Support due diligence efforts for real estate transactions, including the review of title reports, surveys, and other third-party reports.
- Draft correspondence and facilitate communication with clients, counterparties’ counsel, and outside vendors under the guidance of supervising attorneys.
- Assist in the preparation of signature pages, closing files for distribution, and closing binders.
- Handle various administrative tasks necessary for deal management, such as file management, scanning, copying, and preparing FedEx packages.
- Maintain detailed time records and submit daily time entries.
- May require local travel to meet clients and attend closings.
Please note: Candidates will be required to complete a Title Survey test during the interview process.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Paralegal Studies or a Bachelor’s Degree and a Certification in Paralegal Studies.
- At least three (3) years of paralegal experience, preferably in a law firm or institutional setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proven ability to handle various support aspects of a commercial real estate transaction, including title and survey review, document drafting, entity formation and maintenance, preparation and tracking of signature pages, and adherence to pre- and post-closing procedures.
- Experience coordinating with clients, attorneys, and outside vendors, including title companies and corporate service providers.
- Qualification as a Notary Public (or willingness to become a Notary Public) is preferred.
- Experience with filing SS-4s and related forms with the IRS to obtain EINs is a plus.
- Excellent word processing and computer skills, strong organizational and time-management abilities, and exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple transactions in a fast-paced environment with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with a pleasant phone demeanor.
- Reliability, fast learning ability, self-motivation, attention to detail, and a strong team player.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to think outside the box.
- Exceptional “people skills” and professional demeanor at all times.
- Willingness to work overtime (after 6 pm and occasional weekends) if requested.