Trusts & Estates Paralegal New York NY
Job ID: 15312
Our client is an established and expanding midsized firm located in Midtown. Their trusts and estates and elder law group is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Trusts and Estates Paralegal to join their team. This role involves managing estates and trusts administration and assisting with elder law planning. We are looking for a candidate with the ability to handle estates from probate to final accounting, assist with Medicaid applications, and contribute to estate tax preparation and tax-related elections.
- Identify, gather, and value assets for estate administration.
- Assist with estate administration by preparing various probate, court, and accounting documents.
- Prepare and assist with Medicaid applications.
- Prepare accountings for both estates and trusts.
- Prepare estate tax returns, including federal and state estate tax returns.
- Handle ancillary estate administration for nonresident alien decedent estates.
- Review and interpret wills and trust agreements in collaboration with attorneys to implement the estate and trust administration plan and fund trusts.
- Conduct basic research using reference materials and other resources.
- Interact with clients, court personnel, and client advisors.
- Coordinate with executors, trustees, and fiduciary accountants for asset valuation, appraisals, estate tax returns, and distributions.
- Prepare documents for judicial or non-judicial settlement and draft some testamentary documents.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Paralegal certification or equivalent required.
- No law firm experience necessary, but a strong work ethic and willingness to learn are essential.
- Strong numerical skills and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to learn and use advanced software programs and new technology, and willingness to seek training to improve skills.
- Good understanding of basic business relationships and client confidentiality principles.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), PDF software, scanning and production utilities, and document management software preferred.
- Familiarity with court and regulatory agency procedures preferred.
- Experience with tax preparation and accounting software (e.g., OneSource) preferred.
Salary Range $90,000-$120,000
For immediate consideration, send your resume to Amir Aly at email@example.com