Human Resources Operations Manager Los Angeles CA
Job ID: 16131
Job Description: The Human Resources Operations Manager is responsible for many of the operations of the Human Resources department including oversight of the HRIS. The Human Resources Operations Manager is primarily focused on the processes and procedures for the Human Resources Team, inclusive of health, safety and compliance. The HR Operations Manager partners with the Recruiting Manager and Compensation and Benefits Manager where appropriate. The Human Resources Operations Manager stays informed and up to date on relevant state and federal laws and regulations to support compliant operations of the HR department. The Human Resources Operations Manager adeptly interprets complex tasks and current processes and then design appropriate improvements that target efficiency, quality and improved client experience. In addition, the Human Resources Operations Manager creates new processes and practices to address operational challenges, bottlenecks and gaps.
• Manage and optimize the repeatable processes and procedures in the Human Resources Department and partner with the Recruiting and Compensation and Benefits on their respective areas.
• Design and implement processes and procedures that support Human Resources operations and areas of responsibility.
• Manage and optimize health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 response and regulations.
• Oversee and maintain HR data and records, including employee files, to ensure integrity, confidentiality, compliance and security.
• Manage the HRIS to create and maintain HR processes and reporting in a sustainable and scalable way.
• Provide leadership and act as a trusted partner with other departments to leverage the HRIS system and the connection to other firm systems.
• Be informed of changes to federal, state and local employment laws that impact Human Resources operations.
• Ensure processes/functions deliver the highest levels of customer service to employees, managers and other stakeholders.
• Oversee the maintenance (audits) of HR and employee data. Address results and manage remediation when needed.
• Respond to client, regulatory and internal requests for information on HR practices, procedures, processes and policies.
• Report on HR activities and transactions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Being resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
• Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Instills trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Drives results : Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Situational adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• HRIS – Workday
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, High School Diploma required.
• 5-7 years of Human Resources operations experience and 1-2 years of management experience, preferably in professional services.
• Professional HR accreditation preferred.
• 5-7 years of experience with a HRIS, Workday preferred, including leading system implementation and/or standing up modules within a system.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, using judgment and initiative to accomplish results as well as produce accurate work while meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
• Sound knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
• Advanced ability to design, develop, document, implement and maintain processes.
• Ability to proactively review and innovate processes and resolve issues to maintain superior customer service.
• Advanced knowledge of software tools (HRIS, LMS, productivity tools, etc.) and ability to incorporate into process design.
• Ability to creatively problem solve.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop partnerships with all levels of the organization, external groups and vendors; ability to influence as a trusted advisor.
• Advanced customer service skills.
• Ability to manage and lead direct reports effectively.
• Advanced data management and Excel skills.
• Ability to effectively handle confidential or sensitive information.
Writing, typing, reading, speaking, hearing, seeing, sitting, bending, reaching, lifting up to 25 lbs.
Quiet office environment in a high-rise building, seated the majority of the time
Human Resources Coordinators and HR Systems Administrator.