Director of Human Resources and Legal Recruiting Orlando Florida
Job ID: 15563
Responsible for the Human Resource (HR) functions firmwide. Ensures compliance with HR laws, regulations, and policies. Responsible for hiring, training, evaluations, disciplinary action, compensation, record keeping, payroll, and benefits. Responsible for all attorney recruiting efforts, including summer associates, associates, and partners. Organizes and directs the Summer Associate Program and the Associate College activities firmwide. Active member of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee. Works closely with the local Office Administrators on staff recruiting, management, and training, and ensures consistency across offices. Reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Essential HR Functions and Basic Duties
1. Prepares and maintains employee handbook, benefits manual, job descriptions, onboarding materials, and other policies as needed.
2. Ensures firmwide compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
3. Reviews and recommends staffing levels for attorneys and non-attorneys.
4. Responds to the needs of the firm’s Managing Shareholder, Executive Committee and local Administrative Partners.
5. Oversees associate mentorship program including assigning mentors, supporting mentor/mentee relationships, and making recommendations to partners.
6. Responsible for the operation of the RumbergerKirk (RK) Associate College and for the advancement of professional development of all attorneys.
7. Monitors attorney and non-attorney salaries to ensure the firm maintains competitive compensation packages. Administers annual non-attorney bonus program.
8. Counsels attorneys, paralegals, and managers who are not meeting firm standards and discusses performance improvement methods. Guides supervising partners and office administrators through progressive discipline with associates, paralegals, managers, and staff. Ensures proper documentation.
9. Works with Corporate Trainer, Administrators and the Director of IT to improve firm-wide training regarding policies, procedures, and the use of hardware and software made available by the firm.
10. Responsible for employee benefits including group insurance renewals along with Chief Operating Officer and presents to Managing Shareholder for review.
11. Approves all professional bar memberships.
12. Handles all FMLA, ADA, and similar requests firmwide, including training of mid-level managers.
13. Conducts exit interview with all departing attorneys.
14. Oversees firmwide payroll functions.
15. Administers the firm’s Human Capital Management (HCM) software.
16. Prepares the annual budget for Human Resources and Recruiting.
17. Maintains professional memberships in local and national chapters of the Association of Legal Administrators and national chapter of Society for Human Resource Management.
18. Serves on the EEO Committee, works with other members to investigate complaints, and carries out and documents any agreed upon follow-up actions as directed by the Committee Chair and the Managing Shareholder.
19. Presents quarterly to the firm’s partners.
20. Attends Diversity and Inclusion Committee meetings, schedules meetings, and works with other members to establish and accomplish goals.
Essential Legal Recruiting Functions and Basic Duties
1. Responsible for all aspects of the summer associate program, including hiring, orientation, development of the program schedule, social events, meetings with summer associates for counseling and feedback, exit interviews, and offers.
2. Screens resumes and selects law students for on-campus interviews. Attends on-campus interviews at law schools and selects candidates for second interviews. Participates in panel discussions and makes presentations at law schools (interviewing tips, resume preparation, Q&A) as requested.
3. Coordinates in office interviews with candidates for the summer associate positions.
4. Screens all attorney candidates, makes hiring recommendations, and extends offers of employment to qualified applicants.
5. Maintains professional relationships with recruitment agencies. Interviews potential new recruiting firms and conducts cost comparison with local market. Negotiates placement fees with search firms.
6. Travels to other offices regularly to meet with attorneys. Conducts interviews for attorney openings and extends offers of employment to qualified applicants.
1. Ability to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
2. Effective oral and written communication.
3. Advanced technology skills, including implementation and maintenance of HCM.
4. Timely, error-free work product.
5. Organized records and files.
6. Professional dress and demeanor.
7. Strong interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to handle difficult situations.
9. Reliable attendance.
10. Ability to travel as needed.
Education/Certification and Experience Required:
Human Resources or related degree and 10+ years Human Resources Management experience.
Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate in person, by telephone, or via e-mail with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, vendors, and clients and provide information with courtesy and tact while safeguarding confidentiality. Experience and skills necessary to assist in conflict resolution in the workplace. Able to use database software, spreadsheet, and word processing software and equipment to complete analysis and reports. Ability to travel.
**If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Stephanie Smith – email@example.com