Compensation & Benefits Manager Los Angeles CA
Job ID: 16391
JOB SUMMARY: Hybrid – The Compensation and Benefits Manager is responsible for ensuring that the firm’s total rewards are in line with firm needs. This individual serves as a subject matter expert on all compensation processes and practices as well as oversees Benefits Administration. The Compensation and Benefits Manager is responsible for creating, maintaining and optimizing the firm’s compensation programs and for ensuring that the firm offers and maintains the optimal benefits programs. The Compensation and Benefits Manager forms collaborative relationships to enable world-class service, ensuring a high quality experience when internal clients interact with Human Resources. This individual is charged with directing and conducting data analysis and maintenance to best support the needs of the firm. The Compensation and Benefits Manager is responsible for the ownership of all total rewards programs. The Compensation and Benefits Manager is skilled in working with HR Systems and is an expert at working with data and data analysis.
• Own and manage the annual compensation review process.
• Partner with the Human Resources team to ensure alignment of compensation and benefits programs and processes.
• Introduce, maintain and optimize all compensation programs.
• Price and benchmark compensation for positions.
• Conduct necessary testing and compliance activities as they relate to compensation.
• Lead initiatives to revise and continuously improve processes and tools in the Compensation Management process.
• Conduct necessary research and analysis to address employee concerns regarding compensation.
• Partner with Human Resources team to align compensation programs, decisions and processes with Performance Management activities.
• Partner with Human Resources team to provide and review compensation information to support recruiting of great talent.
• Oversee and manage the Sr. Benefits Administrator and all activities.
• Partner with the Human Resources leadership to ensure appropriate benefits strategy, offerings and mix.
• Ensure world-class customer service and communications regarding benefit administration and education.
• Ensure compliance in benefits administration and offerings.
• Write and maintain relevant firm policies.
• Provide backup support for MTO Retirement Plan Administration.
• Conduct data gathering and response writing to industry surveys and outside counsel guidelines as requested.
• Assist in the management of data, activities and processes in HR Systems to support compensation and benefits related practices and procedures.
• Manage human resource projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Being resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
• Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Instills trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Situational adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• Organizational savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
• Manages complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Action oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Workday – HRIS
• Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or related discipline; or Highschool Diploma/GED and 5+ years of highly relevant work experience.
• Relevant certification (i.e. CCP, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, etc.) highly desired.
• 5-7 years of experience in Compensation and Benefits Analysis and/or Management or closely related field.
• Expert ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Expert level of proficiency in compensation management principles and best practices.
• Ability to use HRIS system for data tracking and reporting.
• Expert ability to collect and analyze data to support informed and thorough decision making.
• Ability to design efficient processes and procedures.
• Expert ability to communicate via all modes to all levels of the organization.
• Expert knowledge of employment laws, compliance requirements and human resources best practices as they pertain to Compensation and Benefits practices and procedures.
• Ability to work independently with little daily supervision.
Writing, typing, reading, speaking, hearing, seeing, sitting, bending, reaching, lifting up to 25 lbs.
Quiet office environment in a high-rise building, seated the majority of the time