Business Development Supervisor – Finance
Job ID: 16535
A leading global law firm, seeks a Business Development (BD) Supervisor in New York, Chicago, or Atlanta to support our Banking & Institutional Finance and Private Credit & Special Situations Go to Market (GTM) teams within our Corporate, Finance and Investments Practice Group. The ideal candidate should be professional, self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative, and passionate about building a business development career in a fast-paced, high-performance environment. The BD Supervisor will work alongside other BD Supervisors and Coordinators to provide support and regularly work with various business development managers and lawyers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Business Development Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
• Create dynamic presentations in PowerPoint and Word for GTM team pitches and RFPs under the direction of lawyers and business development managers, as well as overseeing final production of deliverables to meet deadlines; and maintaining pitch/RFP files, log in pitch tracking system and proactively obtain outcomes.
• Compile and maintain marketing materials including PowerPoint presentations, fact sheets, tombstones, content for the website, and other custom materials, including working with Branding and Design to apply brand standards and firm templates to projects.
• Routinely gather and centralize experience lists for use in pitches, proposals, submissions and other materials, including creation of tombstones.
• Coordinate with communications team and BD managers to compile information and draft submissions related to legal directories and awards, such as Chambers, Legal 500 and Law360.
• Develop a deep understanding of GTM team goals and clients and apply understanding of plans to support cross-sell initiatives and draft compelling content to leverage in direct client outreach campaigns, including the GTM team’s mobile app, The Hub.
• Work with events team to coordinate and provide support for K&S hosted events such as meetings, seminars, receptions, dinners, and other events, including coordination and development of invitations, other types of content and event materials with the branding and marketing technology teams, as well as tracking and assisting with follow-up activities.
• Support BD managers on strategic client targeting and business planning efforts including client teams within CFI and those that span across other practice groups.
• Assist with lateral onboarding activities, including drafting bios and tracking client targeting outreach and efforts.
• Conduct research on a variety of topics including prospective and current clients, competitors, and industry/market trends to aid in the development of client teams, pitches, RFP responses, and other internal and external marketing initiatives.
• Assist with the development and coordination of internal and external communications, including newsletters, press releases and ads.
• Provide support and coordinate all activities involved with sponsorships such as processing payments, providing logos, shipping booths and materials, setting up booths, and ordering give-away items.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
Successful candidates are forward thinking, positive, energetic and detail oriented. Candidates should bring substantive knowledge and must have great judgment and communication skills in working with various stakeholders within the firm. Experience with marketing and business development-related activities is required. Requirements:
• Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills—both verbal and in writing, have excellent attention to detail, the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, work well under pressure, ability to manage time-sensitive deadlines across practices and incorporate feedback into their performance.
• Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and be proficient with client/contact relationship management databases, such as Microsoft Dynamics.
• Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
• Demonstrate a capacity to self-start and work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment while interacting credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organization, and be curious, resourceful, and proactive.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 4 years of marketing and/or business development experience.
• Law firm and/or professional service experience is preferred.