Business Development Specialist Los Angeles CA
Job ID: 16536
The Business Development Specialist helps to coordinate and execute the firm’s business development efforts. The Business Development Specialist will drive and manage process improvements within the business development function, and for leading all day-to-day business development and marketing support at a practice level.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Serve as business development liaison to assigned practice groups, industry groups and client teams.
• Develop and implement practice, industry and client specific business development plans that identify opportunities to expand existing client relationships, generate new business, cross-sell services and increase visibility.
• Analyze and evaluate current and potential business development initiatives, and make adjustments as needed to maximize efficiency across practice, industry and client teams.
• Make recommendations to attorneys and professionals on a broad range of business development and marketing strategies, demonstrating a strong understanding of the state of the market.
• Partner with other members of the Marketing and Business Development team to ensure that marketing materials are updated regularly and that content reflects the substantive strengths, accomplishments and current activities of the firm and the various practice/industry groups.
• Support firm-wide knowledge management efforts, including experience management and client data maintenance, among others.
• Work with communications professionals to drive thought leadership through external/third-party media placements relevant to the practice and industry groups.
• Lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
• Oversee various team members and projects, and support firm leadership with special projects.
• Review and interpret client, financial, industry and other data and respond to requests for information in a timely manner.
• Assist with practice or industry specific awards submissions as needed.
• Track, record and report on projects and feedback received.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Microsoft Office
• Document management systems
• Proposal and experience management systems
• WYSIWYG website editor
• Social media platforms
• Social media monitoring tools
• Press monitoring tools
• Email marketing campaign tools
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 3+ years of experience working in a law firm or other professional services firm.
• Solid grasp of and deep experience supporting business development efforts with a practical understanding of how/why clients leverage their skills for one or more of the following: trials, complex litigation, multi-district litigation, class action litigation, intellectual property litigation, antitrust litigation.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail to manage multiple, concurrent requests, shifting priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to occasionally work extended hours, nights and weekends.
• Excellent writing skills, combined with the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with attorneys, professionals and peers.
• Experience supporting projects that include multiple stakeholders.
• Experience managing multiple edits from multiple contributors, sometimes contemporaneously.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills required, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• Ability to proactively apply creative problem solving.
• Ability to be confident, direct, thorough, and resilient.
• Ability to review final product for accuracy, neatness and thoroughness.
• Ability to handle concurrent projects at one time with competing and short deadlines.
• Ability to be flexible as circumstances change regarding assignments, priorities, and deadlines.
• Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands with night and weekend availability.
Writing, typing, reading, speaking, hearing, seeing, sitting, bending, reaching, lifting up to 25 lbs.
Quiet office environment in a high-rise building, seated the majority of the time.
No direct reports but will assist with direction of workflow and resources in the course of regular and special project work.