Business Development Specialist (Employment and Media & Entertainment Los Angeles CA
Job ID: 17111
We have an opening for a Specialist, Business Development supporting our Employment and Media & Entertainment Practice Groups in our Los Angeles office.
In this capacity, the Specialist, Business Development will:
• Contribute to the strategic business development and marketing plans including goals, action items, and deadlines. Collaborate with partners, the Business Development, Marketing, and Communications teams, as well as other internal stakeholders in the development and execution of these plans;
• Develop strong knowledge of the practice’s market position, key strengths, bench of expertise in key industries and client base;
• Draft and prepare written proposals, pitches, and other communications to clients, prospective clients, and related third party organizations;
• Drive content-driven campaign strategy designed to generate new business opportunities;
• Collaborate with the global business development team on the identification and pursuit of cross-selling initiatives;
• Support the practice’s key client efforts and work with colleagues on best practice to ensure the identification, development, and growth of high-value services to key clients;
• Plan and oversee seminars, events, and other targeted marketing activities;
• Help practice group leaders and business development senior manager to manage relevant business development budgets;
• Collaborate with functional managers on relevant PR, communications, and digital marketing initiatives;
• Travel as needed to support initiatives and participate in activities; and
• Act as a lead on additional related projects within the Department or Firm as assigned.
• Knowledge of technologies, developments, trends and literature related to legal and professional services marketing fields;
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite and document management systems;
• Fundamental knowledge of CRM systems;
• Proficiency in online research and internet resources and ability to analyze information to identify trends in key markets and related business growth opportunities;
• Excellent verbal and communication skills, including attention to detail and proofreading;
• Knowledge of the needs and expectations of law firm operations and corporate legal clients in order to function at a strategic level;
• Advanced knowledge of marketing principles, procedures, concepts and practical applications;
• Fundamental knowledge of networking and relationship management;
• Proficiency in team building, management, and leadership skills;
• Fundamental knowledge of legal concepts; and
• Ability to independently manage priorities and projects effectively.
• BA/BS Degree (required); and
• 5+ years of experience in legal (required); and
• Experience supporting Employment and/or Media & Entertainment Practice Groups (preferred).