Business Development Coordinator Washington DC
Job ID: 16963
Job Summary: The Business Development (BD) Coordinator works closely with and supports assigned practice groups and related working groups on all business development initiatives. This position reports to the Business Development Manager, and will work closely with other members of the Marketing & Branding, Communications, and Client Development teams.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
• Works with the Business Development Manager to contribute to and assist in the development and execution of strategic plans to drive business development.
• Help to draft responses to pitches and proposals.
• Help to draft, edit and submit ranking submissions (e.g. Chambers, Law360).
• Work with the BD Manager to develop practice group website content and marketing collateral.
• Plans and ensures the successful execution of client development events, such as seminars and webinars.
• Supports attorneys with client alerts, blogs, podcasts and newsletters.
• Initiates and analyzes client, market, competitor and industry research to inform business development strategies.
• Working in collaboration with practice group leadership and the business development manager, develops agendas for meetings and prepares and circulates meeting summaries. Helps to identify and execute on next steps identified during meetings.
• Maintains group intranet site and repository of relevant business development information.
• Enters practice group data into various knowledge management systems, including business development tracker, experience manager and InterAction, the firm’s CRM.
• Supports lateral integration.
• Assists with running financial queries and reports.
• Assists with preparing and monitoring practice group expense budgets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Sound judgment with respect to confidential and sensitive information and persuasion in gaining the cooperation of others.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff and vendors.
• Ability to quickly learn and utilize technology tools and resources.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience. Experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred.