Billing and Collections Specialist New York City NY
Job ID: 16672
Billing & Collection Specialist
A prestigious midtown law firm seeks a professional, proactive individual with experience in a law firm setting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and distribute draft bills
- Edit draft bills and final bills
- Respond to attorneys and staff inquires both oral and written to discuss billing statements, status of payments, accounts receivable and requests of copies of bills.
- Prepare spreadsheets on the ledger history, outstanding WIP and AR as requested Collections
- Review open accounts for collection efforts.
- Interact with billing attorneys/secretaries on outstanding amounts
- Resolve client-billing problems
- Make collection calls as needed in a professional manner while maintaining good client relations. Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Correspond with clients to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Maintain records of collection efforts/status by attorney
- Communicate with billing attorneys to project/forecast revenues
- Special projects as needed
Abilities and skills needed:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of law firm billing and/or collection experiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills required Knowledge of Elite 3E required
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel & Word
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of completing tasks independently
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and track extensive detail
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with personnel
- Willingness to work with and assist other staff members in accomplishing work assignments Pleasant and cooperative attitude
- Must be able to handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly
Reporting Responsibility – Billing & Collections Supervisor