Audio Visual Manager Washington DC
Job ID: 16943
The Audio Visual (AV) Manager is responsible for architecting, designing, building, and continuously improving the Firm’s global Audio Visual solutions, leading a team of professionals to deliver the Firm’s AV experience. This role leads the lifecycle management of the Firm’s real-time conferencing technologies, striking the necessary balance of delivering solutions that provide an optimal experience for our lawyers, staff, practice groups, and clients, without making concessions that add unacceptable risks to the Firm. To accomplish this objective, the Audio Visual Manager partners closely with IT solution and service teams, as well as other cross-functional stakeholders to continuously adapt solutions to meet the evolving needs of the Firm. The role requires an individual with the skills to think both strategically and tactically to handle the operational needs of the Firm, all with the objective of delivering a gold-standard conferencing experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads the end-to-end design and oversight of the Firm’s audio visual solutions, inclusive of strategic planning and design through to operational continuous improvement.
• Leads AV design efforts for the Firm, inclusive of office remodeling and expansion projects (e.g., conference room technologies and appliances).
• Proactively defines known conferencing use cases and experiences in coordination with cross-functional stakeholders, and architects A/V solutions to further enable business outcomes for each.
• Actively partners with Enterprise Applications leadership and staff to strategically align collaboration solutions with real-time conferencing needs.
• Engages with Service Management leadership, as well as cross-functional partners (e.g., IT Regional leadership, Client Support Services) to unify A/V technology capabilities with the over-arching operational service model.
• Ensures operational workflows, processes, forms, and supporting documentation are in line with the Audio Visual service expectations.
• Actively engages and coordinates with global technical and non-technical stakeholders to form and monitor a voice of the customer.
• Ensures that the Firm’s A/V solutions enable a consistent conferencing experience across the Firm and with outside entities with federated endpoints.
• Oversees and coaches the A/V team to guide and evaluate opportunities for improvement of A/V service.
• Monitors and reports on conferencing technology performance, service levels, and end user satisfaction with the Firm’s solutions.
• Partners with Help Desk, Regional IT, and Service Management leadership to understand and address ticketing trends.
• Manages 3rd party A/V conferencing design vendors and services, evaluating performance and commitment to agreed levels.
• Maintains the A/V budget, inclusive of technology solutions as well as professional services and other costs required to deliver the conferencing experience.
• Stays abreast of industry trends in the conferencing space to identify and recommend new AV and video conferencing technologies and services.
• College degree is strongly preferred, ideally in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical discipline.
• Appropriate technical certification(s) are preferred.
• 7+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a large Law Firm setting, a comparable professional services organization, or a legal information services provider.
• Demonstrated experience designing and managing a global conferencing infrastructure with leading industry AV solutions (e.g., Cisco Telepresence Solutions (CTS)).
• Demonstrated experience configuring and managing video conferencing gateway technologies.
• Demonstrated experience leading audio visual design projects in coordination with IT stakeholders, design architects, and other cross-functional groups.
• Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of intuitive conferencing appliances (e.g., Crestron, Cisco).
• Demonstrated experience with integrated conferencing and collaboration solutions and platforms (e.g., MS Teams, Zoom, Webex).
• Demonstrated experience with design thinking and experience-based design.
• Demonstrated ability to serve as a change agent, leading and inspiring others to act, especially under circumstances when change is unpopular.
• Ability to establish rapport and elicit cooperation from personnel across all levels, including executive management, and cross-functional leadership.
• Ability to develop and motivate technology teams, inclusive of staff, and 3rd party vendors/consultants.
• Skilled in communications to all levels in the organization in writing, speaking, and presentation skills for work with the Firm leadership, the user community, and clients.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Highly motivated, analytical, organized, and efficient.
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.