Associate Director, Senior Systems Engineer New York NY
Job ID: 16645
Summary: The ideal candidate will Work as part of dynamic team to provide high quality design, engineering, implementation, and support services to all areas of Windows Platform / Infrastructure, focusing on cloud and automation within Azure / AWS. Ensuring that all modern applications satisfy the requirements of given environments and conform to all prescribed security and infrastructure standards.
Major Responsibilities and Activities:
• Responsible for project tasks throughout the life cycle of application implementation following best practices and architectural guidelines
• Provide support to LOB applications such as trading platforms, fund accounting systems, financial accounting systems
• Work with Infrastructure team to design migration path for IaaS in Azure and AWS.
• Responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the firm’s IaaS.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining all documentation requested by management and will be tasked with improving such documentation as required
• Provide trouble shooting and assisting help desk support group in resolving escalated issues.
• Monitor and provide statistical reports on the health and operational status of all infrastructure systems; monitor system capacity utilization
• Diagnose and perform remedial actions within area of Subject Matter Expertise
• Aid in capacity planning and performance monitoring to ensure that Infrastructure systems are meeting the needs of the business
• Assist with various day to day management of server environment.
• Requires a minimum of 7-10 years of experience working within an IT infrastructure group, preferably with financial experience in a trading environment
• Experience designing and building out Azure globally using ARM, Bicep or Terraform 2
• Working knowledge of cloud connectivity for offices worldwide, setting up Landing Zones in Azure
• Excellent working knowledge in Azure DevOps (release and build pipelines), AADC, Azure Front door, Events Hub, Vault, etc.
• Extensive experience planning, designing, deploying, and maintaining Windows Servers, including Microsoft applications, such as SQL, Exchange, SCCM, SharePoint, and Active Directory.
• Advanced Active Directory experience is required such as group rights, file rights management, GPOs
• Advance knowledge of Office 365, Azure-AD and related Microsoft services
• Expert understanding in authentication protocols – SAML, OAUTH, Radius, especially around Azure / Enterprise Apps (3 rd party Integration)
• Good working experience with Azure Conditional access, CASB policies, as well as, PIM, Identity Governance / MyAccess, AppService
• Experience managing and maintaining MS security services such as ATP and Intune.
• Advanced PowerShell scripting and working with code repositories and CI/CD pipelines
• Day to Day management of monitoring platform and tailoring advance alerting & reports.
• Strong systems administration/engineering skills in a large heterogeneous environment
• Set up of PKI / MS CA, certificate templates creation and maintenance
• Experience monitoring overall health of systems
• Root Cause analysis experience is required
• Familiar with building and maintaining task scheduling platforms.
• Must be willing to work weekends and evenings and be on call as required; the responsibilities are for a 7×24 IT operation.
• Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks with accuracy and to meet demanding deadlines, possessing strong ethics and the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Working closely with Application Vendors to deploy, implement and manage systems.
• Must maintain a sincere, polite, and respectful customer service attitude when working with the business
• Possess the ability to work with the application development team to provide solutions to users
• Ability to support multiple globally dispersed locations
• Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills 3 Beneficial Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Citrix and Netscalers, Azure cloud VPX a plus.
• Python and other scripting skill sets.
• Working knowledge of container management – Docker and Kubernetes
• Working knowledge of monitoring & Syslog platforms, such as Logicmonitor, Solarwinds, and Sumologic.
• Familiar with Pagerduty.
• Certification a plus
Note: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The job title or duties and responsibilities may be changed by the Company at any time.
Salary range $175k – 200k