ASSOCIATE: Accessibility / Employment Litigation New York NY
Job ID: 17098
Our client, an AmLaw200 firm, is seeking an attorney to work at the mid- or senior associate level in its national management-side labor and employment practice, handling primarily disability accommodation and accessibility matters, including counseling and litigation.
- Represent clients in accessibility and disability accommodation cases, specifically concerning Titles I, II, and III of the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and equivalent state/local laws.
- Demonstrate expertise in addressing public accommodation accessibility issues for both physical establishments and digital entities.
- Handle litigations, regulatory (DOJ) investigations, and interactions with advocacy groups.
- Provide compliance counseling, develop policies, and conduct training on accessibility and disability accommodation matters.
- Manage accessibility auditing processes and collaborate with external auditors for both brick and mortar structures and websites/mobile applications.
- Utilize general employment litigation experience to handle various aspects of cases, including witness interviews, document review, drafting pleadings, motions, and briefs, conducting and defending depositions, and attending court appearances.
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with clients and opposing counsel.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice law in New York (state and federal courts).
- Minimum of three full years of relevant legal experience in accessibility, disability accommodation matter, and labor and employment law.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Strong interest in accessibility and disability accommodation laws/regulations.
- Outstanding academic credentials and proven excellence in communication and writing skills.
- Ability to handle cases independently and efficiently.
- Experience with accessibility auditing and managing outside auditors for both physical and digital entities.
- Familiarity with the management-side of labor and employment law.
- Demonstrated experience in interacting with clients and advocacy groups.
- Track record of successful litigations and regulatory investigations.
- Prior experience in conducting compliance training sessions.
- Understanding of website and mobile application accessibility standards.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to Frank Molfetta at email@example.com.
The expected salary range for this position ranges from $205,000 – $290,000.