Asset Management Specialist Washington DC
Job ID: 15688
Summary: The Asset Management Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the firm designs and implements controls for managing its technology assets. The Specialist operates a focused, thematic risk and control program that sets expectations for asset management topics, including configuration management databases (CMDBs), asset discovery, technical and business ownership assignment, control completeness and data quality. This is a highly technical role with requires hands-on, collaborative work with stakeholders and IT implementers.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Defines, documents, and manages the Technology Asset Management oversight programs, including charters, roadmaps, plans and milestones for risk assessments and control implementations.
• Works with process and asset owners to ensure program goals are being achieved. This role will work with the Risk Operations, Information Technology Services, Information Resource Services, and Practice Services and Support teams.
• Regularly reports on program progress to the CISO and other senior stakeholders as appropriate, using defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to highlight control adoption gaps, identify areas of strong or weak performance, or quantify risks, respectively.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred; advanced degree and CISSP certification preferred.
• Requires 5+ years’ experience in cybersecurity or IT operations, ideally with demonstrated experience executing security advisory or oversight programs.
• Working knowledge of: asset management platforms such as ServiceNow; tools that can provide discovery services such as Tenable, Qualys, Security Scorecard, BitSight, BlackKite, BitDiscovery, Crowdstrike, Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Defender; core networking concepts.
• Superb attention to detail is an absolute requirement.
• Strong interpersonal skills; success in the role requires the ability to influence and persuade.
• Effective written and oral communications skills.