ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST Washington DC
Job ID: 16170
One of the world’s leading and largest intellectual property law firms, is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our dynamic financial services department. This position is responsible for performing accounts payable for all firm and client expenditures in accordance with firm guidelines and accounting procedures.
• Processing vendor invoices and electronic download files
• Utilizing accounting knowledge to prepare spreadsheets, reports and correspondence supporting payable activity
• Maintaining contact with regional and overseas offices for routine AP needs
• Processing monthly soft cost batches (i.e. client recovery charges); monitoring PTO email group
• Processing PTO filing requests and Sales and Use Tax for various jurisdictions and other duties, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Candidates must have 3 years of relevant accounts payable experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment,
• Associate degree in Accounting, or related field, and experience working with accounts payable software (Chrome River)
• Knowledge of general accounting principles, standard accounts payable policies, procedures, and regulations, and the ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements, and other requests for payment, are essential to the position
• Excellent computer skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to process computer data and generate reports, is required
The firm offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org