Accounts Payable Specialist New York NY
Job ID: 16357
Our client is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to support the Finance and Accounting Department.
We are looking for a Accounts Payable Specialist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to be a part of our Accounting and Finance team working out of our New York office. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the financial processing of transactions for all domestic offices and maintaining internal controls surrounding accounts payable policies and procedures that fulfill the firm’s goals and requirements as well as regulatory requirements The successful candidate will have experience in Chrome River and at least one accounting software such as Elite Enterprise, TR Elite 3E, or Aderant.
• Managing accounts payable using accounting software and other programs.
• Handling accounts payable for separate offices and vendors.
• Analyzing and improving workflow processes.
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors.
• Manage vendor set up according to W9 & W8-BEN forms received for firm’s annual 1099 reporting of vendors.
• Maintain the vendor & contract management system (VMS) for all vendors uploading required forms and documents for all new & existing vendors.
• Generate various reports for processing due invoices for payments via various methods -ACH/wires/credit cards/checks.
• Ensuring invoices are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to firm procedures.
• Processing & reviewing invoices for proper documentation, sales & use taxes, approvals and coding to the respective general ledger accounts and offices.
• Work closely with certain volume vendors, the billing attorneys and firm administration to reconcile vendor statements and determine status of outstanding invoices.
• Research and resolve accounts payable inquiries daily.
• Assist in uploading various monthly tax files into the accounting system.
• Assist in a timely month-end closing of accounts payable.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Proficient with invoicing and vendor management software.
• Knowledge of determining imputed sales & use tax for out-of-state purchases.
• Resolve vendor discrepancies and address inquires.
• Maintain all accounts payable operations according to company policies and procedures.
• Ability to maintain confidence, exercise discretion and good judgment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance a plus with a minimum of experience 5 years’ experience.
• Strong academic and extracurricular/work record
• Detail oriented, critical thinker and strong analytical skills
• Ability to extract information from various sources using reporting tools (Access, SharePoint).
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to detect and report data inconsistencies and out of balance data
• Effectively work individually or with groups ADA Requirements
• Ability to sit at a desk most of the working day and walk short distances
• Needs manual dexterity, speed and accuracy in handling office equipment
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption
• Ability to work in close proximity to other individuals
• Ability to carry light [to moderate] objects, e.g., files, small objects and supplies a short distance
• Must be able to lift, carry and move objects up to 15 lbs
• Non – Exempt
For immediate consideration, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org