Friedman Williams Group -
Information Technology Legal
Prestigious Buffalo, NY international firm has an immediate opening for a Network Administrator. This is a high visibility role which offers great bonus, benefits, and vacation. There is a guaranteed career path along with excellent work/life balance.
Individual will manage and maintain a multi-office network infrastructure and is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, & maintenance of systems hardware & software & related network infrastructure; participates in technical research & development to enable continuing innovation w/in the network infrastructure. He/she will maintain and monitor Windows Server 2008 R2 Server infrastructure, Dell Compellant SAN, VMWare Cluster environment, Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008. BES, IPhone, and iPad will be supported. Firm will train on Citrix XenApp.
• Must be familiar with network protocols including TCP/IP.
• Manage and upgrade network servers which include Exchange 2010 server cluster technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS and IIS.
• Support Dell Compellant SAN storage, Commvault Backup and VMWare server 4 and 5.0 environments along with administration of SQL.
• Manage Active Directory to include GPOs, DHCP and DNS.
• Manage Citrix XenApp Server farm.
• Participate in on call rotation for network server/infrastructure support.
• Responsible for daily monitoring, maintenance and testing of data backups in support of
business continuity, disaster recovery and data restoration capabilities.
• Coordinate with hardware service vendors and outside consultants when equipment requires servicing; place service calls, maintain service history logs, ensure that parts are ordered and installed, and follow-up with appropriate staff to be sure the problem was solved.
• Coordinate with IT Manager disaster recovery and business continuity design and planning as well as review impact of server changes and additions to disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
• Report, maintain and review logs to monitor security threats to and health of network servers.
• Determine the cause of server malfunctions involving both hardware and operating system or application and resolve as needed to restore system functionality.
• Document, publish and distribute all system changes and procedures to IT staff.
Qualified candidates must have Exchange 2010 or Exchange 2007, Windows 2008 R2 server, VMware, SAN, SQL server 2008 (administration only), clustering, Active Directory, VMware.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Arts or Science degree or Associate's degree with at least 6 years experience.
GENERAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate to users on all levels and possess an excellent command of the English language (both oral and written). Must have patience and exhibit a positive customer friendly attitude and work in a team environment. Must possess a strong technical understanding of the various hardware, software and networking systems being supported. Ability to learn new techniques and implement new procedures. Troubleshoot problems and follow through to resolution.
Buffalo, New York